- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
About the organization:
Looking to build a career in nonprofit? Join AFTD, the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future. Empowering thousands of donors each year to make a difference in the lives of others is key to every aspect of our mission. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career, and make a difference for others.
About the role:
The Events Coordinator is directly responsible for supporting: AFTD events and Special Events, as well as national branded campaigns and independent, volunteer-led fundraisers on an as-needed basis. The coordinator will work in close collaboration with AFTD’s Advancement team and staff from across the organization to drive successful in-person and hybrid events for the organization and empower our community.
The Coordinator will bring organization, efficiency, attention to detail, and predictability to the events they support. They will take active part in various AFTD in-person events, acting as the organizer and managing site set up and break down, or as a supporter, representing AFTD at an event. They will also coordinate efforts from organizing staff and volunteers to prepare for and execute AFTD-led events, including Special Events, education conferences, scientific meetings, and other opportunities. As requested by the Events Manager, the Coordinator may also provide administrative support for targeted volunteer led AFTD Grassroots Events and campaigns.
Essential Job Functions
- Event Coordination: Implement formalized, replicable processes for AFTD-led events. Provide support and problem-solving assistance to other AFTD staff throughout the process. Update and maintain systems, spreadsheets and documents supporting these events.
- Supporting Independent Event Coordination: On an as-needed basis, provide support and problem-solving assistance to volunteer event hosts.
- Social Media Promotion: Identify and utilize collaboration opportunities through the organization’s social media platforms to empower participation in AFTD events.
- Database Organization: Help to manage and track event attendance and engagement in AFTD’s Salesforce database.
- Promotion and Recognition: Write and inform articles promoting AFTD events for newsletters, e-newsletters, Annual Reports, and other communication vehicles. Promote and coordinate the distribution of marketing materials for events AFTD’s website, e-blasts, and social media platforms.
Other Job Functions
- On an as-needed basis, support recruitment efforts for AFTD national Grassroots Events and campaigns. Convey enthusiasm for AFTD’s online, hybrid and in-person events. Ensure that attendees are matched to events of interest; monitor and provide timely responses to questions; maintain quality control of AFTD’s brand through events and related campaigns.
- Update and regularly maintain a strategic tracking system for AFTD events; develop metrics to track results and to enable goals and tactics to support efficient, empowering events to benefit all in our community.
- Support the Events Director and Events Manager in coordinating budgets, contracts, and vendors on assigned events.
- With the support of the Events Manager, Development Operations Manager, and Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager (CFR Manager), identify and complete opportunities for events to inform corporate sponsorships, matching gifts, and other campaign support.
- Support AFTD’s Program and Research department by providing logistical and planning support for targeted events, acting as a staff lead.
- Assist the CFR Manager and other development staff as needed with additional outreach to corporations and foundations in support of AFTD events.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this role:
- Bachelor's degree, or high school diploma with a minimum of three years of relevant experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of two years of experience in supporting events in an administrative capacity. This can include volunteer activity.
- Experience in database management required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
- Communication, marketing, or public relations experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort working with wide-ranging community online, by phone and in person
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization; strong demonstrated ability to work independently and in groups.
- Travel throughout the continental US is an important component of this position; 10-12 trips per year, including weekend travel.
o AFTD events may be held outdoors and subject to the climate of the day; standing should be expected throughout the majority of the day during these events.
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
AFTD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) guidelines.
AFTD offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a hybrid position, with the option to work remotely up to 3 days per week.
If you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.