Human Resources Director
- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
We are the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common form of dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future.
AFTD was founded by a volunteer in 2002. Empowering families to bring about change and make a difference in the lives of others in their communities is central to everything we do. We raise awareness to tell the world about a devastating, little known disease. We educate health professionals, helping them to provide responsive care in their communities. We fund leading-edge science and work with leading biopharma companies to advance research.
We value knowledge, compassion, collaboration, respect, and dignity. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD stands at a pivotal moment for the organization. We are growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career with the opportunity to establish and build AFTD’s HR team – and truly make a difference for others.
The HR Director will oversee all HR administration and will serve as key strategist, advisor, and implementer of organization wide efforts to create a positive employee experience, recruit and retain talent, and foster a culture of equity, inclusion, learning, and development aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
The HR Director manages all aspects of human resources operations for AFTD, including recruiting, professional development and employee retention strategies, coaching, creating policies and processes, managing employee relations, and implementing change. The HR Director champions, promotes, and guides Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) processes and initiatives. The HR Director works closely with the CFO of AFTD, providing high-level management, developing organizational strategies, and researching and implementing solutions to address HR concerns. The HR Director is both a strategic HR leader as well as a hands-on tactical HR practitioner.
Essential Job Functions
- Directs and Executes all Human Resources Initiatives: Executes by identifying issues, communicating responsibilities, evaluating milestone achievements, and assessing courses of action. Consistently provides strategic HR insights on projects to guide leadership to effective solutions. Clearly communicates best HR practices to staff. Effectively helps to mentor and develop the applicable HR compliance knowledge and skills of all staff. Maintains strong staff relationships; keeps the lines of communication open and promptly addresses existing and potential concerns and requests for information; works to resolves issues or problems with the utmost professional manner. Provides and maintains up-to-date and accurate metrics for organizational leadership. Strategically supports the planning of organizational growth and manages the full employee life cycle from drafting job descriptions, managing recruitment, hiring and onboarding new team members, employment, and offboarding. Leads Learning and Development and employee retention programs with a focus on building and maintaining a strong organizational culture and creating an environment that employees and candidates want to be a part of.
Other Job Functions
- Develop and maintain ownership over SOPs related to the role.
- Design compensation and benefits programs that support AFTD’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate employees and ensure equitable and competitive compensation and practices.
- Implement continuous performance management protocols. Oversee performance evaluation processes to ensure AFTD is meeting annual review timelines and that there is consistency and equity in processes throughout the organization.
- Conscientiously follow company policies and practices and take care of organizational property.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position is responsible for overseeing:
- HR Admin/Coordinator
- Contract HR vendor support
- Bachelor's degree in business, organizational psychology, human resource management or similar field
- SHRM certification; SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- 7-10 years of experience in HR department
- 3+ years in an HR leadership role
- Knowledge of human resources practices and employment law, particularly in the states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- An experienced HR representative with appropriate work experience and a demonstrated success in designing and delivering impactful HR initiatives
- Experience and comfort implementing DEI initiatives
- An individual who excels in multitasking and decision making
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels in an organization and possesses excellent communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation skills
- A demonstrated relationship builder who builds trust and maintains strict confidentiality
- The ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Strong HRIS and Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All AFTD staff members are primarily working remotely due to COVID-19 in compliance with CDC and AFTD guidelines. Following office reopenings, this position will be office-based.
AFTD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) guidelines.
If you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.