Education Program Manager
- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
We are the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common form of dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future.
AFTD was founded by a volunteer in 2002. Empowering families to bring about change and make a difference in the lives of others in their communities is central to everything we do. We raise awareness to tell the world about a devastating, little known disease. We educate health professionals, helping them to provide responsive care in their communities. We fund leading-edge science and work with leading biopharma companies to advance research.
We value knowledge, compassion, collaboration, respect and dignity. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career – and truly make a difference for others.
The Education Program Manager is directly responsible for the implementation and management of education initiatives. They will utilize these initiatives to increase outreach, education, and support to health professionals who provide care and services for those impacted by FTD. They will work collaboratively with AFTD’s support, volunteer, and advocacy teams as well as multiple external stakeholders. The efforts of the Education Program Manager will increase understanding of FTD disorders, advance early and accurate diagnosis, and improve care and services for those impacted.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage Professional Education Initiatives: In collaboration with directors and program managers, develop and implement products and initiatives to expand education of healthcare professionals on FTD disorders, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and care. Working with the Director of Support and Education, evaluate educational materials and products to ensure accurate, relevant, up-to-date content and delivery. Collaborate with AFTD communications team to produce high-quality, branded materials and expand marketing of existing and new education initiatives.
- Implement Training Initiatives: Collaborate with external stakeholders to develop materials on a range of FTD-related topics. Assist in the delivery educational presentations to professional associations, provider organizations and lay audiences in person as well as via remote platforms. Provide training and oversight to AFTD volunteers engaged in healthcare professional education efforts. Provide periodic continuing education for staff, support group leaders and key volunteers on developments in FTD services and supports.
- Relationship Building: Increase AFTD’s engagement with health professionals through outreach, networking, education, and training activities. Engage members of the FTD community - including persons living with FTD, care partners and family members - to include first-person experiences in educational presentations. Develop and maintain relationships with health professionals, rehabilitation associations and other providers of dementia health care. Expand AFTD’s reach to professionals serving currently underserved and diverse populations and by understanding and responding to the needs within in these demographics.
Other Job Functions
- Participate in the planning and coordinating of AFTD’s annual education conference.
- Contribute to updates and expansion of AFTD’s website content for healthcare professionals.
- Contribute to AFTD’s professional education strategy and other strategic planning as requested.
- Assist the Director of Support and Education to keep Board committees informed of education projects and needs.
- Conscientiously follow AFTD policies and practices and take care of organizational property.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Social Work or relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Health Education certification a strong plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with cognitive/behavioral impairment or rare neurodegenerative diseases
- Current knowledge of person-centered dementia care practices, and trends and needs of the aging services and long-term care systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development and implementation of training programs and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to relate with all aspects of the FTD community including staff, volunteers, caregivers, persons diagnosed, clinicians and researchers required
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to collaborate on multiple concurrent projects with a range of stakeholders
- Comfort with public speaking
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with database management and report generation
- Ability to approach work with a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work on a wide variety of projects; lending support where needed
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AFTD values its staff and all who work with us to advance our mission. We practice trust, cultivate creativity, and incorporate input from all, seeking to grow and learn in service to families at every stage on an FTD journey.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and résumé. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.