- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
We are the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common form of dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future.
AFTD was founded by a volunteer in 2002. Empowering families to bring about change and make a difference in the lives of others in their communities is central to everything we do. We raise awareness to tell the world about a devastating, little known disease. We educate health professionals, helping them to provide responsive care in their communities. We fund leading-edge science and work with leading biopharma companies to advance research.
We value knowledge, compassion, collaboration, respect and dignity. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career – and truly make a difference for others.
The HelpLine Advisor will be directly responsible for ensuring prompt, accurate and informative responses to all who reach out to the organization’s HelpLine. They will be prepared to offer accurate and up-to-date information in a supportive manner as aligns with AFTD’s values and will promptly and smoothly transfer calls to the appropriate party within AFTD as needed. The HelpLine Advisor will triage and respond to calls from a multitude of audiences including individuals diagnosed with FTD, caregivers and family members, healthcare professionals and others on matters relating to current FTD information, health and social care, emotional support as well as referrals to healthcare professionals and community support resources. They will manage the information and resources utilized by the HelpLine staff and provide support to ensure efficient and effective service to the AFTD community.
Essential Job Functions
- Triaging and Responding to HelpLine Calls: Together with the HelpLine Specialist, respond to all members of the AFTD community who contact the HelpLine and provide assistance as appropriate; connect contacts to other AFTD staff as appropriate. Effectively maintain confidentiality of those who contact the HelpLine and handle sensitive topics. Communicate effectively and proactively cross-departmentally with AFTD team members regarding HelpLine resources and materials that require updates. Support research as needed to ensure informative responses to HelpLine calls.
- Managing HelpLine Information and Resources: Perform recurrent review of all information and resources bring utilized and distributed by the HelpLine team to ensure they are current and accurate. Research new resources to assess for relevance and expand knowledge of FTD capable resources and community services to share with callers. Help to expand the ability of HelpLine to meet the needs of diverse populations (linguistically, culturally, etc.). Maintain and organize all digital and printed resources to ensure accurate and up-to-date information to best serve the AFTD community. Contribute to the development of a Quality Assurance processes to support the quality and efficiency of the service. In partnership with the Administrative Assistant of the Programs team, maintain inventory of printed materials. Collaborate with the Development and Communications department to ensure accurate and up-to-date information on the AFTD website.
- Maintaining Databases: Promptly and accurately update organizational databases with contact information as appropriate. Access and analyze reports as needed for data reporting and to understand impact and outcomes.
- Departmental Support: Provide support and problem-solving to the Programs department. Contribute to the cultivation and development of content for articles and newsletters as needed. Provide support for AFTD conferences and events as requested.
Other Job Functions
- Contribute thoughts and ideas for other AFTD resources and materials with knowledge gained from HelpLine community support.
- Conscientiously follow company policies and practices and take care of organizational property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MSW or Master’s in a related field preferred. Equivalent experience may also be considered
- 1-2 years of experience counseling individuals and/or families in social work or healthcare-related issues
- Experience working with populations affected by neurological or genetic disease preferred
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Proven ability to handle issues confidentially, and to be discrete and fair
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort working and building relationships with wide-ranging community online, by phone and in person
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work on a wide variety of projects; lending support where needed
- Ability to approach work with a pleasant and professional demeanor
- A strong commitment to the Organization’s mission is necessary
AFTD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.