Digital Marketing Manager
- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Looking for a purpose-driven role with a dedicated nonprofit team? AFTD is hiring!
Help us lead the fight against young-onset dementia. Dedicated to addressing frontotemporal degeneration (FTD), the most common dementia for people under 60, AFTD is a leading global authority on this disease. We are the only national U.S. organization dedicated both to advancing FTD research and providing help and support to improve quality of life for people affected today.
AFTD is mission-driven. Founded by a volunteer in 2002, AFTD raises awareness of this misunderstood disease while supporting people with FTD and their families. We educate healthcare professionals and advance collaborative research. We have a growing staff and a robust national network of thousands of volunteers and individual donors, dedicated to achieving a world with compassionate care, effective support, and a future free of FTD. For all who can benefit from it, we bring information, resources, and opportunities to connect – seeking to change the experience of a devastating disease from one of isolation to one of empowerment and connection.
Help us bring hope. AFTD channels the pioneering spirit of Helen-Ann Comstock, our founder and Board member who saw a world lacking resources to address FTD and chose to take action. As colleagues, we continue Helen-Ann’s work, and we do so with determination, creativity, compassion and resolve. AFTD strives to create a place where team members can learn, grow and support each other. If you have always had a passion to make a positive difference in people’s lives – but are seeking a way to channel that passion – we are assembling the team to do just that. We hope you’ll join us by applying for an essential role!
Join our team. AFTD seeks a driven and talented professional to take on the role of Digital Marketing Manager. If the idea of bringing information, resources, help, support and hope for a better future to families across the U.S. is compelling – and if you bring a natural talent for planning, analyzing and bringing awareness to others– a role at AFTD could be a great fit for you.
Working in close collaboration with Director of Development & Communications and other senior staff, the Digital Marketing Manager will lead the planning and development of all marketing campaigns and will also analyze metrics and identify trends as related to the organization and those that AFTD serves. S/he will measure site traffic and other valuable metrics using web analytics tools to better optimize marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Manager will proactively and effectively promote all organization programs, events, opportunities and resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Analysis and Reporting: Define, analyze and report on key marketing metrics and use that analysis to improve upon organizational communications and to inform engagement, development and fundraising activities. Track for key outcomes in donations, volunteer forms, downloaded resources, etc. and use this data to drive changes to AFTD’s digital engagement strategy.
- Managing Digital Advertising and Marketing Strategy: Plan, develop, and manage AFTD’s inbound and outbound marketing strategies to target the local communities across the United States, as well as the growing global audience. Manage AFTD’s SEO/SEM/digital advertising strategy through the monitoring of search trends and the tailoring of AFTD resources to meet audience members. Monitor content across all platforms. Responsible for AFTD’s email marketing and effectively engaging all segments of our audience, including FTD-unaware members of the public, families facing a new diagnosis and established donors and volunteers. Ensure a positive mobile and tablet experience for a growing share of AFTD’s digital audience. Coordinate with the Online Community Specialist to ensure alignment of web and social media content.
- Brand Management: Refine, lead and manage how the AFTD brand is conveyed in all formats on all materials and ensure effective and appropriate representation. Serve as the steward and driver for internal adoption of the organizational style guide and provide proactive maintenance and refinement of the brand across all platforms and programs, – while expanding our outreach to underserved audiences.
Other Job Functions
- Lead for creative on all AFTD campaigns based on creative concepts approved by/developed in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Provide organization- and community-wide proactive guidance on, and final sign-off of, branding compliance for all materials.
- Conscientiously follow company policies and practices and care for company property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Relevant technical certifications (Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook and/or equivalents) will be considered
- 5+ years of marketing or equivalent experience across multiple digital platforms/formats required
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated collaboration with senior leadership in relevant areas (including analytics, strategy, creative collaborations).
- Demonstrated experience in external multi-stakeholder engagement
- Strong technical proficiency, including proficiency in Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp and Salesforce (or equivalent platforms) as well as Office Suite preferred
- Demonstrated experience planning and producing creative for multiple campaigns, with campaigns focused on rare disease, healthcare consumers or vulnerable populations a plus
- 2-5 years of management experience preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in written Spanish a plus
- Demonstrated awareness of and/or experience with outreach to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience shaping and fulfilling marketing plans
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Strong brand compliance experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with using digital analytics to plan and drive inbound and/or outbound marketing strategies
- Excellent organizational skills and time management; the ability to manage several concurrent projects with a results-oriented attitude
- Public relations experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AFTD values its staff and all who work with us to advance our mission. We practice trust, cultivate creativity, and incorporate input from all, seeking to grow and learn in service to families at every stage on an FTD journey.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.