Support Services Coordinator
- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Looking for a purpose-driven role with a dedicated nonprofit team? AFTD is hiring!
Help us lead the fight against young-onset dementia. Dedicated to addressing frontotemporal degeneration (FTD), the most common dementia for people under 60, AFTD is a leading global authority on this disease. We are the only national U.S. organization dedicated both to advancing FTD research and providing help and support to improve quality of life for people affected today.
AFTD is mission-driven. Founded by a volunteer in 2002, AFTD raises awareness of this misunderstood disease while supporting people with FTD and their families. We educate healthcare professionals and advance collaborative research. We have a growing staff and a robust national network of thousands of volunteers and individual donors, dedicated to achieving a world with compassionate care, effective support, and a future free of FTD. For all who can benefit from it, we bring information, resources, and opportunities to connect – seeking to change the experience of a devastating disease from one of isolation to one of empowerment and connection.
Help us bring hope. AFTD channels the pioneering spirit of Helen-Ann Comstock, our founder and Board member who saw a world lacking resources to address FTD and chose to take action. As colleagues, we continue Helen-Ann’s work, and we do so with determination, creativity, compassion and resolve. AFTD strives to create a place where team members can learn, grow and support each other. If you have always had a passion to make a positive difference in people’s lives – but are seeking a way to channel that passion – we are assembling the team to do just that. We hope you’ll join us by applying for an essential role!
Join our team. AFTD seeks a driven and talented professional to take on the role of Support Services Coordinator. If the idea of bringing information, resources, help, support and hope for a better future to families across the U.S. is compelling – and if you bring a natural talent for supporting and communicating with others – a role at AFTD could be a great fit for you.
The Support Services Coordinator is directly responsible for engaging with AFTD Support Group Volunteers around recruitment, onboarding and retention. S/he will also be responsible for the process of awarding Comstock Grants for respite, quality of life and travel. Additionally, s/he will be a key contributor to the organization’s continued program development by supporting the identification of needs and internal and external processes to improve the support AFTD offers to our constituents.
Essential Job Functions
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain effective supportive relationships with Support Group Volunteers and grant awardees and other program participants. Provide initial and ongoing communication and engagement through each Support Group Volunteer’s tenure, and with grant recipients through the process of awarding and reimbursing.
- Implementation of Support Group Volunteer Initiative: Contribute to the expansion of resources to the groups via best practices, trainings, and volunteer retention measures.
- Data Base Administration: Coordinate and maintain the volunteer recruitment and onboarding process of Support Group Volunteers, including ongoing trainings. Work with the Support Services Manager to maintain an up-to-date tracking system for reporting and outcome evaluation purposes, and ongoing quality assurance measures within the department.
Other Job Functions
- Develops and maintains ownership over SOPs related to the role
- Play an active part of the coordination team for AFTD’s annual education conference
- Conscientiously follow company policies and practices and takes care of organizational property.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed (anticipated travel 1-2 times per year in the continental US).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or human serves required, Master’s preferred. Equivalent experience may also be considered.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in human services, volunteer coordination or at a non-profit
- Experience or education in group dynamics or group facilitation a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfort working with wide-ranging FTD community members by phone, online, and in person required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite/365 required
- Proficient in Salesforce, SignRequest, Verified First, Asana, Citrix/GoToWebinar, and/or Zoom preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work on a wide variety of projects; lending support where needed
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to maintain confidentially
- Ability to approach work with a pleasant and professional demeanor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AFTD values its staff and all who work with us to advance our mission. We practice trust, cultivate creativity, and incorporate input from all, seeking to grow and learn in service to families at every stage on an FTD journey.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.