Administrative Assistant - Operations
- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Looking for a purpose-driven role with a dedicated nonprofit team? AFTD is hiring!
Help us lead the fight against young-onset dementia. Dedicated to addressing frontotemporal degeneration (FTD), the most common dementia for people under 60, AFTD is a leading global authority on this disease. We are the only national U.S. organization dedicated both to advancing FTD research and providing help and support to improve quality of life for people affected today.
AFTD is mission-driven. Founded by a volunteer in 2002, AFTD raises awareness of this misunderstood disease while supporting people with FTD and their families. We educate healthcare professionals and advance collaborative research. We have a growing staff and a robust national network of thousands of volunteers and individual donors, dedicated to achieving a world with compassionate care, effective support, and a future free of FTD. For all who can benefit from it, we bring information, resources, and opportunities to connect – seeking to change the experience of a devastating disease from one of isolation to one of empowerment and connection.
Bring hope to others. AFTD channels the pioneering spirit of Helen-Ann Comstock, our founder and Board member who saw a world lacking resources to address FTD and chose to take action. As colleagues, we continue Helen-Ann’s work, and we do so with determination, creativity, compassion and resolve. AFTD strives to create a place where team members can learn, grow and support each other. If you have always had a passion to make a positive difference in people’s lives – but are seeking a way to channel that passion – we are assembling the team to do just that. We hope you’ll join us by applying for an essential role!
Join our team. AFTD seeks a driven and talented professional to take on the role of Administrative Assistant - Operations. If the idea of bringing information, resources, help, support and hope for a better future to families across the U.S. is compelling – and if you bring a natural talent for organization, attention to detail and supporting others– a role at AFTD could be a great fit for you.
Visit www.theaftd.org for more information.
The Administrative Assistant - Operations is directly responsible for maintaining smooth operations within the AFTD office in close collaboration with the Office Manager. S/he will manage reception tasks such as answering phone calls, opening and sorting mail and greeting visitors. S/he will monitor and maintain office inventory listings (e.g., office and café supplies, equipment, etc.) and be responsible for ordering as needed to ensure full efficiency of the AFTD team and office. S/he will directly support the Office Manager in all general administrative and office duties including general HR administrative tasks and light bookkeeping. In addition, the position is a member of the organization’s administrative resource pool supporting various administrative projects.
Essential Job Functions
- HR Operations Support: Perform general HR administrative tasks including handling and safekeeping employment records, scheduling onboarding of new hires, performing data entry and related functions in organization’s HRIS, fielding employee inquiries and directing them to the proper channels.
- Reception: In a manner aligning to AFTD’s core values, greet all AFTD visitors at the front desk and answer all incoming phone calls and transfer appropriately. Process all incoming and outgoing orders and deliveries and support in their distribution.
- Office Administration: In collaboration with the Office Manager, support the AFTD team in ensuring a fully stocked and maintained workspace and café area. Take ownership of maintaining the integrity and cleanliness of the office, appliances and other office resources. Perform clerical responsibilities for finance including printing invoices from the financial team email inbox, performing basic bank reconciliations and making deposits as requested. Process shipments of all AFTD printed material such as brochures, DVDs, and other items in a timely and efficient manner and maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all shipments and inventory items. Provide administrative support to the CFO. In collaboration with communications team, update and order AFTD business cards as needed.
- Organization Support: Provide support and problem-solving assistance to all AFTD teams as needed. Support and set up monthly team meetings and staff birthday celebrations as well as the annual holiday lunch. Manages travel arrangements for organizational events and meetings as needed. Contribute to the support of office equipment for the AFTD team, including phone equipment/software, mailing systems printers, etc. Develop understanding of other support functions across teams and provide support in these areas when appropriate.
Other Job Functions
- Conscientiously follows company policies and practices and takes care of organizational property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative role, ideally with 1-3 years supporting HR, Finance and/or Office Management
- Experience in supporting HR operations ideal
- Proven ability to handle issues confidentially, and to be discrete and fair
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- QuickBooks, Paychex, or other HRIS experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort working with wide-ranging community online, by phone and in person
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work on a wide variety of projects; lending support where needed
- Ability to approach work with a pleasant and professional demeanor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AFTD values its staff and all who work with us to advance our mission. We practice trust, cultivate creativity, and incorporate input from all, seeking to grow and learn in service to families at every stage on an FTD journey.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent career opportunity, please submit your cover letter, a résumé, and a brief writing sample. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.