Digital Content Writer
- 290 King of Prussia Road, RSB2 Suite 320, Radnor, PA, United States
Help us lead the fight against young-onset dementia. Dedicated to addressing frontotemporal degeneration (FTD), the most common dementia for people under 60, AFTD is a leading global authority on this disease. We are the only national U.S. organization dedicated both to advancing FTD research and providing help and support to improve quality of life for people affected today.
AFTD is mission-driven. Founded by a volunteer in 2002, AFTD raises awareness of this misunderstood disease while supporting people with FTD and their families. We educate healthcare professionals and advance collaborative research. We have a growing staff and a robust national network of thousands of volunteers and individual donors, dedicated to achieving a world with compassionate care, effective support, and a future free of FTD. For all who can benefit from it, we bring information, resources, and opportunities to connect – seeking to change the experience of a devastating disease from one of isolation to one of empowerment and connection.
Bring hope to others. AFTD channels the pioneering spirit of Helen-Ann Comstock, our founder and Board member who saw a world lacking resources to address FTD and chose to take action. As colleagues, we continue Helen-Ann’s work, and we do so with determination, creativity, compassion and resolve. AFTD strives to create a place where team members can learn, grow and support each other. If you have always had a passion to make a positive difference in people’s lives – but are seeking a way to channel that passion – we are assembling the team to do just that. We hope you’ll join us by applying for an essential role!
Join our team. AFTD seeks a driven and talented professional to take on the role of Digital Content Writer. If the idea of bringing information, resources, help, support and hope for a better future to families across the U.S. is compelling – and if you bring a natural talent for writing and communicating with others – a role at AFTD could be a great fit for you.
Visit www.theaftd.org for more information.
The Digital Content Writer (DCW) is directly responsible for the daily creation of digital content for AFTD’s digital platforms, focused primarily but not exclusively on web and e-blast content. He/she collaborates with members of AFTD staff across departments to ensure that AFTD digital assets including the organization’s theaftd.org and Kids and Teens websites reflect the most up-to-date content. The Digital Content Writer creates and refines current content that promotes AFTD’s search engine optimization and search marketing strategies. He/she works with content experts across the organization to reflect AFTD’s emergent knowledge of FTD and the full range of work to address the disease in accordance with AFTD’s branding, brand personality, and messaging platforms, and responds to team requests from across the organization in a timely and accountable manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Content Development: In accordance with AFTD’s branding, style and messaging guidelines, write and revise targeted content for a variety of primarily digital contexts and audiences, including but not limited to AFTD e-blasts, newsletters and regular publications, blogs, and other digital publications.
- Collaboration Across Departments: Works closely with team members from Programs, Research, and other departments to update content across digital assets to ensure information regarding events and programs are included.
Other Job Functions
- Provide technical assistance and writing for social media content as needed.
- Provide design input and work closely with designers to foster diverse and strong web content for AFTD materials.
- Use existing platforms (Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress) and other platforms to ensure that AFTD communications are effectively and strategically reaching our constituents.
- Manage AFTD’s MailChimp presence, contacts and design, in collaboration with designers, AFTD’s development and communications staff, and our program teams.
- Generate new ideas to keep AFTD’s website content fresh, and to refine the structure and sequence of content offered, based on emergent Google Analytics data.
- Maintain content in other platforms, including Salesforce, for incorporation into AFTD’s website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or similar field, or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience; health/science/disease-advocacy writing experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required
- Digital platform knowledge and experience, including but not limited to WordPress, HTML, MailChimp, Salesforce, HubSpot, and Asana is preferred. Digital design experience is a plus.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AFTD values its staff and all who work with us to advance our mission. We practice trust, cultivate creativity, and incorporate input from all, seeking to grow and learn in service to families at every stage on an FTD journey.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent career opportunity, please submit your cover letter, a résumé, and a brief writing sample. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.