Digital Photographer Volunteer/Intern for 100 Women in S.T.E.M. Program
- Miami, FL
This is an upcoming photo shoot project consisting of two different looks to exhibit the power and sophistication of women working in S.T.E.M. industries (science, technology, engineering, mathematics). We want people to identify positively with educated, working women in these industries.
As Digital Photographer Intern for Luxe Media. you will have a variety of responsibilities throughout the semester. You will use have a strong sense for lighting and an eye for detail, thereby constantly improving the reader experience at Felixmag.co. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working in the studio team alongside the stylists taking digital product stills for Felix Magazine.
• Ensuring that all products are lit correctly, efficiently and creatively, in accordance with Luxe Media guidelines.
• Producing high quality and consistently beautiful images, ensuring they are correctly exposed and colour consistent.
• Accurately archiving images to be easily accessed by other Luxe Media departments.
• Prepare sets, checking that all equipment is functioning, setting up appropriate lighting and keeping accurate daily shoot records.
• Meeting daily and weekly deadlines to prepare for new website material.
• Ability to work well within a team working well under pressure with a flexible attitude.
• Responsible for care and upkeep of all studio equipment, props and supplies.
• When needed Retouch / Crop / Upload Digital Images
• Name and maintain digital asset file / structure organization
• Retouch digital photographic images
• Perform quality assurance on all images
• Crop digital photographic images / maintain file size specification guidelines.
• Ensure colour consistency between images.
• Ad hoc duties
A passion for women’s economic opportunities
• Must be a full or part-time student and working toward a degree
• Must be eligible to receive school credit and commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and other groups as necessary both internally and externally
• Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
• Previous experience in studio environment
• Proven experience with digital cameras and lighting
• High technical proficiency in PhotoShop, Capture One and networked computers
• Strong understanding of colour correction
• Strong understanding of image constraints
• Ability to work well with a team
• Detail oriented and creative
• Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.