- Chicago, IL
The Aparecio Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was designed as an economic development strategy to lift women out of poverty and as a community development approach to build the leadership capacity of low-income women. The Aparecio Foundation provides academic support and scholarship programs for high-potential, low-income women in public high schools through an eight-year multiple-mentor program.
The culture of Aparecio Foundation is characterized by an informal and laid back environment, where employees work independently and in teams to develop and carry out effective organizational structure and work processes. Employees are driven through self-motivation and passion for the not-for-profit sector. Through the development of quality services to the enhancement of the organization’s goals and objectives employees are able to use their strengths and skills the best ways they can! Therefore Aparecio Foundation employees are given freedom to be creative and energetic in performing their tasks and duties as professionals in their respective field of expertise.
This is a unpaid Volunteer / Intern position.
The Recruiting Intern’s primary role is to assist the Recruitment / Selection Specialist to seek out, interview and screen applications to fill Aparecio Foundation positions. Promote career development internally. Develop work force plans for current and future positions within the organization.
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate recruiting strategies that meet the needs of a non-profit organization as determined by the Executive Director and designated staff.
- Implement approved recruitment strategies and processes.
- Screen resumes, schedule interviews & conduct basic phone screens.
- Audit files, create offer letters, and other reporting duties.
- Encourage current members to participate in recruitment efforts and assist in identifying and recruiting prospects.
- Meet with Supervisor to discuss progress regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree. Masters preferred.
- Have some work experience in related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.