Volunteer Fundraising Director
- Chicago, IL
The Aparecio Foundation is a nonprofit organization that was designed as an economic development strategy to lift women out of poverty and as a community development approach to build the leadership capacity of low-income women. The Aparecio Foundation provides academic support and scholarship programs for hihh-potential, low-income women in public high schools through an eight-year multiple-mentor program.
The culture of Aparecio Foundation is characterized by an informal and laid back environment, where employees work independently and in teams to develop and carry out effective organizational structure and work processes. Employees are driven through self-motivation and passion for the not-for-profit sector. Through the development of quality services to the enhancement of the organization’s goals and objectives employees are able to use their strengths and skills the best ways they can! Therefore Aparecio Foundation employees are given freedom to be creative and energetic in performing their tasks and duties as professionals in their respective field of expertise.
- Develop a fundraising strategy while setting goals and priorities.
- Researching and identifying several donors and key stakeholders.
- Plan projects to ensure organizational effectiveness and successful work results.
- Maintaining donor databases.
- Work with fundraising committee to oversee event planning and campaign.
- Recruit and manage a large number of volunteers.
- Plan and execute event logistics.
- Attend professional meetings, training workshops, and read publications on the field to enhance professional competence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new business opportunities.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan for fundraising.
- Assign, supervise and review the activities of fund raising staff.
- Develop and maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Respond to requests for information about employers' activities or status.
- Manage fund raising budget.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments and departments that develop and implement fund raising strategies and information programs.
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with fund raising efforts.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Two to Four years related non-profit/fundraising experience
- Demonstrated sales experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (donor contact database knowledge a plus)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.