- 540 President St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
The Advocacy Institute was created to support the legislative advocacy of social justice and movement-building organizations in across New York State. In the last 5 years, we’ve helped hundreds of organizers and advocates engage in more efficient and effective legislative advocacy. The Advocacy Institute is a high impact work-environment. We create and sustain this environment by engaging proactively in intentional and transparent discussions about identity, power, oppression, trust, capacity building, teamwork, and performance. Throughout, we ground ourselves in a commitment to feminist, multiracial leadership.
We’re looking for a Team Administrator to ensure that the administrative, logistical and operational aspects of our work are consistently excellent, efficient and effective.
Our ideal candidate is excited to put their event planning, and problem-solving skills to work! You’ll be a part of a team that is delivering innovative trainings and tools, committed to legislative advocacy wins, and strengthening statewide infrastructure for social justice movement building.
The Team Administrator will be our main point of contact with key vendors and venues, handle significant printing tasks, manage planning spreadsheets, manage paper and digital files, ensure a functional office space, and coordinate travel and accommodations, as well as catering, room set-up and technology needs for all events. The Team Administer will coordinate with multiple members of the team, where needed. The Team Administrator will report to the Executive Director.
How your time will generally be allocated:
- Event Logistics - 40%
- Operational Administration - 50%
- Scheduling & Calendar Management - 10%
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement logistical planning and execution for all AI events. Tasks here include researching vendors for pricing and delivery options, placing catering orders, printing materials for trainings and fundraisers, booking transportation and accommodations for staff travel and booking venues for events.
Ensure a highly functional work environment. Manage the smooth operation a team that works both in person and remotely. Tasks here include ordering and maintaining office supplies and other inventory, liaising with our co-working office space, booking conference rooms, checking and addressing paper mail, organizing and maintaining office space, printers and paper files, maintaining computers and other basic IT services.
- Maintain key pieces of digital organization.
- Maintaining databases of contacts, venues and other information
- Organizing and maintaining digital files
- Managing accounts for a range of online tools
- Monitoring our public email address
- Support Finance and Fundraising Operations. Support bookkeeping and financial operations with data entry tasks and email communication. Prepare thank you letters for funders and donors.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Scheduling meetings for designated staff
- Uploading content into Survey Monkey
- Some on-the-job learning may be required to meet emerging administrative needs
Education and/or Experience
- Project management and event planning experience
- Experience working with Apple computers and devices
- Experience with social justice movement work, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Google’s G-Suite tools
- Familiarity with databases
- Project management skills, including tracking deadlines, and keeping a team accountable to them
- Printing management, including mail merge, page layout, large format printers and IT troubleshooting
- Basic data entry skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize complicated information (like travel itineraries and options) and communicating it clearer
- Negotiation skills for ensuring good deals with vendors
- Basic IT skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to connect conversationally with members, participants and vendors
- Must be able to lift boxes of training materials.
- Must have the physical ability to move boxes weighing 20 to 30 pounds each 10 to 15 % of work time.
- Able to climb stairs.
- Must have the physical ability to navigate 2 flights of stairs daily
- Must be able to walk around office.
- Must be able to move around the office to deliver packages to other departments 1-2 times per week.
- Must be able to attend conferences throughout the United States.
- Must be able to travel domestically on an airplane 6-8 times a year.
- This position allows for employee to work remotely Monday and Fridays
- This position is based in a shared office space in Brooklyn, NY with elevator access
- This position requires national travel between 3-5 times a year
- The assigned workspace is a desk in an small open office within a larger shared work area. It has a moderate level of noise and interruptions.
Time & Compensation
- This is a full time position of approximately 40 hours per week starting as soon as the position is filled
- Competitive benefits package includes full medical, dental and vision coverage as well a 403b retirement account
- 12 days vacation as well as two-week winter holiday in year 1
- Salary range is $55,000 to $60,000, correlated to alignment with experience and skills
Thank you for your interest in the Advocacy Institute!
- To apply, please submit an application package that includes the following:
- Cover letter
- Written response to these prompts:
- How do you know that you have a great attention for detail?
- Walk me through a moment when you discovered that you’d made a mistake that affected others and how you handled it.
- Is it important for you to work at a social justice organization? If so, why?
Also, please note:
- No telephone calls please.
- Because of the high volume of anticipated applicants, we regret that we will be unable to respond to all submissions.
- The Advocacy Institute is a project of the Tides Center, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people are encouraged to apply.
- We will begin to process applications on January 7, based on the order in which they were received. We will fully consider all application packages that are submitted before we close the application portal.