Valet Attendant - Part Time
- 7001 Franklin Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
The Academy of Magical Arts, Inc is looking for a Valet Attendant to join our team here at our world-famous clubhouse, The Magic Castle. With over 5,400 members from around the world, our club promotes, fosters and educates the world of magic and illusion.
Under the general supervision of the Valet Manager/ Driveway Ambassadors, the valet attendant provides excellent customer service, parking and retrieving vehicles in a timely manner, opening car doors, patrolling our parking lots, and cleaning of work areas. The Valet Department has both the first and last interactions with customers so it’s highly important that the valet attendants make good impressions. The valet attendants also need to work side by side with other departments to ensure we provide the best experience possible for the customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for parking and retrieving vehicles in a timely and safe manner
- Inspect and check vehicles for damage
- Responsible for keeping track of keys and putting them in their proper spot
- Set up and break down valet equipment
- Patrol the property to ensure no unauthorized personnel is on premises
- Shuttle performers to and from the Airport.
- Vacuum, sweep, and blow the driveway clean with a gas powered blower
- Replace empty propane tanks
- Change trash bag when trash bins are full
- Keep all work area clean from garbage at all times
- Responsible for working both independently and effectively with others
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and CLEAN DMV record (must provide up-to-date MVR print out).
- Experience with both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Have prior valet experience
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Good communication skills
- Related experience in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Flexible availability, able to work weekends and holidays
Education and Certifications:
- High School or GED equivalent
- Valid CA Divers License
- Position may require employee to stand, walk, hear, talk, read, balance, use hands, use fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and push or pull for 8 hours.
- The employee must be able to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Position requires the ability to go up and down stairs/hills/uneven pavement, as needed for 8 hours
- This is an outdoors position and requires the ability to stand for the duration of shift in all types of weather (rain, heat, wind, cold, fog, etc.)
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
Availability to work weekdays and/or weekends as well as morning and/or evenings as needed. Schedule may vary based on business demand.
Salary: Minimum Wage + Tips
Job Offers are conditioned to (a) satisfactory completion of and outcomes of a criminal background screening; (b) verification of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
No phone calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted.