Customer Service Rep I
- 800 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703, USA
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is seeking a Customer Service Representative I to join the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Department team. This position is located at 4800 N. Lamar, Austin.
The Customer Service Representative I (CSR I) performs entry-level customer service work and administrative and/or technical support duties for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program. Work involves providing external customer service support and receiving and responding to various public inquiries for information regarding the UI program. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Receives and sorts incoming and returned mail.
- Reviews and sorts faxes.
- Records, screens and processes Employer Responses, and re-sends if discrepancies are detected or creates cases if needed.
- Reviews, processes, and routes all UI documents, forms, or correspondence (such as withholdings, paper certifications or check stubs) to the appropriate parties.
- Creates claims for basic separation issues and non-monetary issues when necessary and send appeals request to the Appeals department.
- Scan and process all appeal documentation daily.
- Uses File Net to quality check all documents as needed.(Will train)
- Assists UI offices with requests for UI documentation.
- Generates on a weekly basis a new time lapse report, and then sorts and reviews by categories using different UI system screens, and based on this sorting, calls claimants as needed.
- Assists in dissemination of basic information by answering basic questions regarding the UI filing process and eligibility requirements, in addition to resetting or providing instruction on how to set up personal identification numbers.
- May prepare and provide claimants copies of requested documents or correspondence and answer related questions.
- May research information to solve customer service problems.
- Process specific tasks such as re-qualification, sufficient subsequent wages, work wage additions, ineligibility reviews, employer verification forms, and/or work search log verifications.
- Maintains files, claim records and appropriate documentation and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Automated UI Benefits System experience preferred.
- Experience with Document Management (DocMan) to retrieve, process and scan documents preferred.
- Strong word processing and data entry skills preferred.
- Experience using copiers, printers, scanners, calculators, and fax machines preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred.
Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of GED certification, plus one year and six months of full-time experience in a clerical capacity, or performing administrative functions or in social service support work. Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of GED certification, plus one year of full-time experience in the gathering of information, interviewing, or counseling, or in the instruction, demonstration, and interpretation of policies in a public or private enterprise. Fifteen semester hours of accredited college work may be substituted for each six months of the required experience.
Completion of 300 clock hours of course work in the clerical field from a licensed vocational, technical, or business school may be substituted for each six months of the required clerical experience.
Six months of full-time call center experience in a customer service representative capacity will satisfy the minimum qualifications. Six months of full-time in-service experience classified as an Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Technician II or as a Workforce Development Technician III with regular status will satisfy the minimum qualifications. One year of full-time in-service experience classified as an Unemployment Insurance Customer Technician I or as a Workforce Development Technician I with regular status will satisfy the minimum qualifications.
Occasional lifting and carrying of 25 pounds and frequent walking, bending, squatting, twisting and standing involved. Duty requires the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Skills testing will be given at time of the interview. Security background check conducted on final candidate.
The position's normal hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday - Friday; however there is the potential for weekends to be added if necessary.
The salary for this position is $2,132.85 per month.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications and skill sets. Also, you can compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor's Office by pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_SocialServices.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, please complete a State of Texas Application for Employment and submit only ONE of following ways: apply online at www.workintexas.com by choosing the option: “I’m interested in this job” and clicking save (Preferred Method); or fax a completed State of Texas Application to 512-463-2832; or mail a completed application to Texas Workforce Commission, Human Resources Department, Room 230, 101 East 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78778-0001.