Product Manager - NovaSource
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: Business Development
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Currently, NovaSource, a global business unit within the Tessenderlo family of companies, seeks a Product Manager to join the NovaSource team.
As the Product Manager, be an expert with pesticide products from a marketing, sales, and agronomic standpoint. You will have a diverse background in the crop protection/pesticides market space, with in-depth knowledge of its customers, competitive landscape, and agronomic/economic benefits of pesticides.
As the Product Manager, you will promote sales through marketing excellence and help to identify new uses for existing and future products to address grower needs.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of crop protection/pesticides experience in marketing, sales, and agronomy and be a strategic, innovative leader towards further business development.
As the Crop Protection Product Manager, you will be part of a highly entrepreneurial environment where you can contribute in meaningful ways while making a positive impact on the world in which we live.
What you will be doing:
Product Management -
- Responsible for developing a global product strategy for the portfolio. Create and implement tactics to carry out the strategy and communicate the same throughout the organization to ensure all departmental objects are in sync.
- Direct responsibility for project management of major projects inside the portfolio.
- Responsible for managing the key brands within the portfolio, including understanding brand positioning and trademark registrations.
- Initiate new trademark establishment and provide business support in any trademark disputes.
- Working closely with regulatory personnel, understand each product's registration requirements, limitations, and opportunities in the major markets.
- Working closely with supply chain personnel to understand the supply chain influences on the product’s cost, production timing and availability, supplier considerations, and any other factors impacting the product’s production.
- Organize and archive key product management information. Report key product management and project progress status regularly.
Product Development and Acquisitions –
- Identify opportunities for product innovation, product enhancements, and geographic expansion of existing products within the portfolio.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, supports the collaboration and negotiation with 3rd party entities with new product opportunities falling within the portfolio.
- Participate in the financial evaluation of these 3rd party projects for management decisions.
- Play a key role in analyzing acquisition opportunities that fall inside the portfolio categories under management
- Assist with preparing the financial analysis.
- Play a lead role in integrating acquired products into the business.
Marketing Support -
- Provide product support to NovaSource sales/marketing, including market analysis, opportunity enhancement, and price positioning to maximize product profitability.
- As requested by marketing and sales team members, assist with developing sales tools and customer training materials. Conduct or provide support for webinars and other major product presentations as the company’s global “Brand Ambassador”.
- Provide sales/marketing with the latest research and marketing information, and help guide the implementation of marketing plans.
A successful candidate for this Product Manager role will possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in horticulture, agronomy, or other life sciences is essential.
- At least 5 years of crop protection experience and solid technical and sales/marketing experience in crop protection product management.
- Ability to navigate and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with all departments.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and implement actions.
- Experience with project management and in launching new products into the market.
- Experience integrating newly acquired products, measured by product profitability vs project’s original metrics.
- A solid working capability in conducting financial analysis using MS Excel and creating management reports using MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement short-term tactics with attention to detail while analyzing and leading a longer-term strategic vision for the products under management.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to present to large groups.
- 35% to 40% travel will be expected at times.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program