- Marius Duchéstraat 260, 1800 Vilvoorde, Belgium
- Department: Business Transformation & Development
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2020. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
Our Bio-valorization segment, which covers Tessenderlo Group’s activities in animal by-product processing, consists of PB Leiner (production, trading and sale of gelatins and collagen peptides) and Akiolis (rendering, production, trading and sale of proteins and fats) with three entities (Atemax, Soleval and Violleau).
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
For the realization of the diverse ambitious industrial projects in the Bio-valorization segment, Tessenderlo Group is building a talent pool of starting Process Engineers, willing to build expertise and a career in an innovative and growing organization within the coming 6 months. In this role, you:
- Lead the process to improve workshop capacity, the quality of finished products and production costs within our plants, first in France and/or Belgium.
- Drive continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure the development of the sites’ safety culture and the compliance with safety rules and instructions for yourself and co-workers.
- Ensure the quality of products as well as the compliance with regulatory and customer requirements and the health framework.
- Masters’ degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Bio-Engineering.
- First engineering experience of 1 to 3 years in the industrial agro-food sector.
- Knowledge of HACCP, ISO 14001 and 22000.
- As an inquisitive person by nature with strong analytical skills, you design clear, comprehensive and sustainable processes.
- With your proactive and entrepreneurial approach, you keep on spotting opportunities for optimization and take the initiative to formulate structural solutions.
- Team player, open to collaborate across departments and entities within a multicultural and global context.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and verbally. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Willing to travel and/or relocate to the different sites within the Bio-valorization segment (France, Belgium, UK, Germany, China, US, Argentina, Brazil)
Starting in this position offers you the possibility to build experience in a varied engineering position, where you can get to know all about the Bio-Valorization entities and their diverse processes and technologies. After an initial run-in period you can also collaborate on other technical projects to deepen your expertise and broaden your skills in line with your own interest and ambition to develop.