Internal Communication Specialist
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: Marketing
Tessenderlo Kerley Inc (TKI) is a leader in producing and marketing specialty products used in the agriculture, mining, and process chemical industries. We are the world’s largest producer of sulfur-based thiosulfate fertilizers with 13 nationwide U.S. production facilities. TKI operates from our corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and we are part of the Tessernerlo group located in Belgium.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.(TKI), we use innovative chemistry to nurture and enhance life through the power of the sulfur molecule. We bring essential life-sustaining products to market through sustainable practices, superior customer service and a passion for the markets we serve.
Are you motivated by results? Do you thrive in a challenging environment? Do you enjoy working as part of a successful team? If you have answered yes, we may have your next move!
We are actively looking for an Internal Communication Specialist to own and create new internal communication strategies to help unify and ensure employees are engaged and stay connected to the company, and with each other as TKI grows.
You will have exceptional interpersonal, writing, and copy-editing skills, and be a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and be accustomed to working within cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will have an appreciate for agriculture and science, be creative, organized, and can self-motivate with a keen interest in building a company brand through strategic messaging for both internal and external customers.
What you will do:
- Work cross-functionally with the company's shared services and individual business units, such as HR, Safety, and IT, to develop messaging/content supporting company initiatives.
- Key internal communications deliverables include content creation for the monthly company newsletter, news flashes and informational screens located at all facilities (Phoenix office and manufacturing plants), and general employee announcements.
- Have the ability to quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, the ability to turn complex ideas into simple and compelling communications, including succinct talking points and clear communications for leaders.
- Analyze current internal communications processes and practices and make recommendations if improvement potential is identified.
- Work with the HR department on the internal posting process for internal vacancies.
- Support Executive Committee/CEO with one-off communications projects and pieces of work.
- Conduct and report on employee surveys.
- Respond to employee questions by facilitating responses via Senior Line Management.
- Manage and direct the company’s intranet presence
- Plan and coordinate internal events which include, annual meetings and quarterly town halls.
- Collaborate with key internal team members to refine and edit website content (tkinet.com, cropvitality.com, novasource.com)
- Collaborate, research, write and distribute press releases
- Work with a marketing specialist to edit content for social and digital media campaigns
- Work with HR and digital marketing specialists to promote the company and engage candidates for open positions through social media outlets and job boards.
What we will need from you:
- BA/BS Degree required – preferable in Communications/Media/Journalism.
- 3-5 years experience in an internal communications role.
- Excellent in the English language both written and verbal skills.
- Significant experience in forms of social media and its application in the workplace to facilitate employee/internal communications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Cloud, Survey Monkey, and CRM experience a plus.
- Empathetic and responsive to employee communication needs.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program