Lead Project Manager
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: Tech Services
At Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.(TKI), we use innovative chemistry to nurture and enhance life through the power of the sulfur molecule. We bring essential life-sustaining products to market through sustainable practices, superior customer service and a passion for the markets we serve.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Currently TKI seeks a dynamic Project Manager to plan, organize and oversee all aspects of assigned project(s), including directing the efforts of company personnel and marshalling company resources to complete project tasks in a coordinated manner meeting design criteria, key parameters, schedules and budgets.
As the Lead Project Manager you will ensure proper prioritization of projects and resources among all project management and be the key point of contact for overall project work flows within the Project Services group.
Come work for TKI and you will enjoy challenging work and be part of a growing company.
What you will do:
- Defines Project Scope of Work based upon client requirements or thoroughly understands scope assigned to the project and how it relates to the estimate.
- Establishes third party EPC relationships.
- Single point contact between client, EPC, and Company on matters pertaining to the project.
- Understands how and when to communicate project information to the client: issues, schedule/budget impacts, environmental, etc.
- Maintains client/EPC relations including managing the client/EPC to the extent necessary to meet contract requirements.
- Ensures work is completed and checked in accordance with company procedures, ensures completion of all documentation required by the contract. Secures final acceptance of completed project by client.
- Manages and/or assists with proposal preparation as required.
- Manages personnel and resources assigned to a project to generate a coordinated effort in accordance with project budgets.
- Reviews and approves project invoices: expedites client payments as required.
- Provides Project reporting and status of budget, schedule and forecasting.
- Details and obtains client approvals for necessary change orders as the project scope of work changes.
- Assigns, reviews and approves all purchase and change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders for the project.
- Approves all expenses associated with the project.
- Ensures that the project meets all scheduling requirements, keeps company management and client informed of progress, costs, potential problems and deviations from project execution plans.
- Priority assignment and understanding: communicate to all disciplines and client what is being worked on and when. Also, take input from the client to ensure proper collaboration with client needs.
What we need from you:
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering plus 5+ years project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of refinery processes and experience in refinery project management.
- Strong knowledge in the management of engineering, construction, procurement and contracting activities and personnel.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with client, contractor and staff personnel at all levels from laborer and technical trades to management and stock holders.
- Understanding of project priority assignments between scope, schedule, and budget; then correlating that to department and personnel tasks.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, specifications, technical procedures and government regulations. (P&IDs, Piping Isometrics, Instrumentation Wiring, etc.)
- Ability to write reports, procedures and business correspondence and to effectively present information to management, clients, contractors and the general public.
- Understands resource loading schedules and how to utilize this tool for project efficiency, budgeting, and timeliness
- Ability to utilize SAP for required reporting and cost control.
- Understanding of stage-gate project development.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.(TKI), is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal upto 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program