- 5427 E Central Ave, Fresno, CA 93725, USA
- Department: Operations - Plants
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. we use innovative chemistry to nurture and enhance life through the power of the sulfur molecule. We bring essential life-sustaining products to market through sustainable practices, superior customer service and a passion for the markets we serve.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As an Operator at Tessenderlo Kerley Inc. (TKI), you will support plant and terminal operations by following TKI policy and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. You will be hardworking and safety minded individual who will enjoy being part of a team that is committed to team work.
As a Fresno Plant Operator, you will be part of a team, and be part of a dynamic organization that promotes innovation and creative thinking. You will strive for operational and safety excellence everyday as you help sustain TKI’s long-standing safety record, which has allowed most of our production facilities to operate for more than 20 years without a single lost time incident.
At TKI, safety is a core value we take seriously, if this is a value you share as well, we invite you to learn more about our exciting opportunity as a Plant Operator.
What you will do
- Provide motivation, guidance and promote teamwork to personnel.
- Promote and monitor safety of all operators, loaders, maintenance, contractors and others.
- Assist with the job duties of the B and C operators when on lunch, break or when assistance is needed.
- Perform all tasks associated with production to make on-spec product.
- Obtaining and analyzing product samples to ensure product quality.
- Outside operation of manual valves and equipment.
- Monitor all contractors performing work in the department.
- Notify management of any spills, accidents or other incidents immediately.
- Maintain good communications with local plant personnel, supervisors, managers and support personnel.
- Reading and recording of local instrumentation.
- Containment, clean up, packaging and labeling of Hazardous Waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Report irregularities to the A-Operator with process and process equipment.
- Participate in the plant safety program including attending required safety meetings, reporting of potential hazards, and performing monthly safety inspections.
- Implement Emergency Response Plan and assist in mitigation of emergency situations.
- Routine inspection of vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Maintain plant property in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lock out/ tag out, and confined space entries.
- Follow instructions and directives of the A-Operator, Lead Operator and management.
- Work at elevated heights.
- Climbing of stairs and ladders.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Work outside in all weather conditions for extended periods of time.
What we need from you
- HS diploma or GED is required.
- Chemical or similar plant operations experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Technical, mechanical and operations experience desired.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work with co-workers and customers in a professional manner.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills required.
- Must exhibit a thorough knowledge of and take responsibility for operations and/or duties of his/her job position and give assistance when needed.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English, and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Be willing to work an 8-hour day shift with some weekends, overtime, and possible holidays if scheduled or 12-hour swing shift rotating between days, nights, weekends & holidays as scheduled. (Training schedule will be an 8-hour schedule).
- Must have the ability to learn D.O.T. shipping regulations and other applicable transportation requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely throughout the work day.
- Must be able to walk up to a 1/4 mile on a regular basis throughout the work day.
- Be willing to work overtime as needed and be available for call out as needed.
- Must know basic computer skills.
Founded in 1947, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) serves the agriculture, mining and industrial markets with a broad range of products and technologies around the world. The TKI family, comprised of more than 500 motivated individuals, is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and is spread across more than 27 states. TKI is part of the Belgium based Tessenderlo Group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals and providing industrial solutions.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program