- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: Accounting
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
The Accounting Analyst for Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.’s Operational and Administrative Shared Services groups will be responsible for a broad scope of work in a complex, international-accounting environment. Accountabilities will include accounts payable, credit management, month-end close, management reporting, financial analysis, process improvement, internal and external audit support, ad-hoc analytic decision-making support, and special projects. This position reports to the Manager of A/P and Credit/Collections with a dotted line to the Cost Accounting Manager.
What you will do:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the A/P & Credit departments with strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Provide support with and own specific month-end close processes to achieve financial reporting timelines.
- Analyze data in order to provide insight to local management and the corporate head office in Brussels.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports.
- Propose and drive continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of A/P, A/R and F/A subledgers, as well as in finance/accounting overall, to optimize accuracy and procedural efficiency.
- Assist with cash application and treasury functions as needed.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support on special projects as required.
- Assist with the implementation of policy changes.
- Supports managers with creating and implementing changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Review and analyze accounting transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness and provide assistance with training needs to the AP Specialists.
- Assist with monitoring delinquent accounts. Collaborate with sales and initiate collection actions when necessary. Proactively keep Manager of Payables & Credit/Collections updated on actions taken.
- Assist with the management of financial information and support needed for the annual audit process.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s financial policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Address and answer questions from TKI Business Units and Tessenderlo Group Finance.
- Identify and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Backup others within the accounting/finance department as needed.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related technical field, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Understanding of data and how transactions are summarized to produce internal/external financial reporting.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to add value to group outcomes through collaboration and developing effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of 1099, W-9 and other tax and regulatory reporting requirements
- Experienced with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Experienced with SAP, Esker and Concur is preferred.
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving skills, including pivot tables and VLookups.
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability and a “get it done” attitude.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively delegate work to others and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, assertive and strong team player.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program