Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: HSE- Health Safety Environment
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.(TKI), is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.(TKI), we use innovative chemistry to nurture and enhance life through the power of the sulfur molecule. We bring essential life-sustaining products to market through sustainable practices, superior customer service and a passion for the markets we serve.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As the HSE Manager you will direct Safety, Health and Environmental policy and implementation for all TKI and its business units and services. This includes the creation, maintenance and implementation of the TKI HS&E manuals through the leadership of corporate safety and environmental personnel. The HSE Manger will be the primary subject matter expert for all occupational safety, health and environmental issues within TKI.
What you will do:
- Reports directly to the Corporate Director of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Creates, monitors and assesses all phases of the Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental programs covering all Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., joint ventures and subsidiaries.
- Leads corporate safety personnel covering both OSHA general industry and construction and MSHA mining disciplines.
- Leads corporate regulatory personnel covering EPA and state agency environmental disciplines.
- Manages review and issuance of all corporate regulatory policies located in the HS&E Manuals.
- Provides guidance and consultation to the TKI Management Team on occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Works with outside consultants, customers and regulatory bodies on HSE related issues.
- Schedules, assigns and/or performs “announced” and “unannounced” safety and/or environmental audits of all Company facilities and submits reports to key management personnel.
- Analyzes current and proposed government regulatory standards (OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT and other entities) to ensure compliance and possible implications to business continuance.
- Responsible for monitoring and the continued development of written programs required by regulatory agencies or as determined by mishap data reported to the Corporate HSEQ department.
- Provides HSE consultation to process design review for new construction, and modifications to existing processes as needed.
- Provides specialized guidance and/or conducts training to plant and corporate personnel as directed by the Corporate Director of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
What you will bring with you:
- BS/BA in a safety-related discipline, environmental discipline, engineering or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, ANSI and NFPA standards and regulations and applicable state and industry health and safety standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong writing capabilities.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage Corporate Safety and Environmental Personnel; assign project work to employees based on experience level and need
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal upto 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program