Regional Account Manager
- Region primarily in Idaho, Utah, Montana, Wyoming & Colorado, Boise, ID, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As the Regional Account Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing for North America and support (remotely), NovaSource the Crop Protection Business for Tessenderlo Kerley Inc (TKI).
Your goal will be to expand sales of existing products in the region consisting primarily in Idaho, Utah, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
As the Regional Account Manager, you will interact with growers, distributors and retailers for the region and be responsible for maintaining and expanding profitable sales and technical support. Some primary responsibilities would include execution of the annual budget, forecasting sales, and long-term contribution to customer and account development. In addition, you will Identify, recruit and manage part-time personnel to capitalize on business opportunities in the region as well as play a role in the acquisition process as necessary (both due diligence and integration).
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Maintain the current established client portfolio and look to build the size of ‘wallet spend’ attributed to NovaSource.
- Work with sales leadership in the establishment and use of product price decision-making variables.
- Research and identify new sales opportunities.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop accurate quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown for the region.
- Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests and offers from competitor’s pertinent market intelligence.
- Input and use NovaSource CRM to maximum effect and as a base the maintenance of the customer master data.
- Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
- Use agronomists to support the execution of sales and marketing plans (where appropriate).
- Schedule, organize and execute NovaSource product presentations to distributors, retailers and growers.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and providing follow-up service.
- Work with credit management on past dues and customer credit terms.
- Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, crop science or other life sciences is preferred but a degree level qualification is essential.
- Ten years or more experience in the agricultural crop protection industry & a track record of success in field sales.
- Proven working relationships with distribution at all levels.
- Proven ability to work with crop advisors.
- Experience in the region preferred.
- Combination of large and small company experience is a plus.
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
- Knowledge of, SAP and CRM tools.
- Ability to forecast.
- Ability to work within budget, expenses, and time constraints.
- Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and desire to contribute and succeed in a flat organization.
- Can do attitude.
- Good interpersonal relationships; chemistry with the rest of the group is important.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong industry network.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Paid maternity and Parental time off
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program