- 233807 E. Straightbank Rd., Kennewick, WA, United States
- Department: Operations - Plants
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment—one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Currently TKI has a need to hire a Loader Trainee. In this role you will be supporting plant operations daily through active compliance and safety measures.
In addition, as a Loader Trainee at TKI, you will be part of a dynamic organization while working alongside Plant Management at the Finely/Kennewick Facility in Washington.
You will strive for operational and safety excellence every day and be a hard working individual who wants to grow and develop within an organization.
Finally, you will be responsible for operating the facility according to TKI policy and procedures in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations. Below are some specific things you would be accountable for as a Loader Trainee at TKI.
- Loading and unloading of trucks in accordance with TKI policy and OSHA, BOE, EPA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Containment, clean up, packaging and labeling of Hazardous Waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Filling out and signing of Bill of Ladings and other paperwork associated with the loading and unloading process. Obtain retained samples of trucks loaded.
- Participate in the plant safety program including presenting and attending required safety meetings, reporting of potential hazards, and performing monthly safety inspections.
- Routine inspection of vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Maintain plant property in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lock out/ tag out, and confined space entries.
- Implement emergency response plan and assist in mitigation of emergency situations.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
• HS Diploma or GED in related field is required
• Technical and mechanical experience desired.
• Good mechanical and technical knowledge and skills
• Must be able to read and understand Safety Data Sheets
• Basic mathematical and analytical skills
• Basic knowledge of chemistry
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate – must know basic computer skills
• Area Manager – TKI Operations
• TKI office personnel and other onsite personnel
• Customers and drivers
Key Metrics Areas:
• To maintain a professional manner in communicating with co-workers and customers.
• Loading and unloading of trucks in accordance with TKI policy and OSHA, BOE, EPA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
As a part of the worldwide specialty company Tessenderlo Group, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) produces and markets specialty chemical solutions, including fertilizers, crop protection products and process chemicals and services to diverse markets around the world. TKI operates 11 manufacturing plants in North America in addition to an extensive terminal network. TKI is a growing company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program