- Central United States- Remote position, Kansas City, Kansas, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales
Crop Vitality a global brand within the Tessenderlo family has demonstrated its commitment to nurturing crop life through innovation, research and the development of sustainable crop nutrition for agriculture. Our diverse product portfolio addresses the challenges of modern agriculture by combining essential nutrients to improve soil health, increase water infiltration and maximize nutrient uptake.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As the Regional Agronomist, you will support the TKI Crop Vitality sales team in expanding market share and developing markets for Crop Vitality products in the Central United States.
You will utilize your technical knowledge of specialty fertilizers, be insightful towards customers’ needs and offer best management practices in using Crop Vitality products to enhance customer fertility programs. You will develop and support studies conducted at TKI Learning Center Research Farm in order to enhance recommendations and improve customer outcomes.
Please note: This is a remote position supporting the Central United States. The most desirable areas to be settled in are, Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska.
What you will do:
- Identify plant fertilization needs and benefits using TKI Crop Vitality products for Central US cropping systems.
- Design and implement appropriate field testing and demonstration trials to fill knowledge gaps that support sales and marketing efforts.
- Establish good working relationships with university and private researchers.
- Visit locations to evaluate the quality of research.
- Work with TKI Crop Vitality Sales Team, Agronomists, and Marketing colleagues to develop technically sound marketing messages.
- Travel with Crop Vitality Sales Team and Agronomists to support sales and present relevant research and information.
- Work with the TKI Crop Vitality Learning Center staff to conduct field, greenhouse, and laboratory research that supports sales and enhances product knowledge.
- Provide technical support for customers and end users to ensure successful use and positioning of TKI Crop Vitality products.
- Research competitor’s product offerings and evaluate potential licensing, acquisitions and develop new products in line with company goals.
What you will have:
- A master’s degree in crop science, soil science or agronomy is preferred or a bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Possess a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license or willing to obtain one within one year.
- Strong communication skills: must be fluent in English with the ability to read, write and present technical information one-on-one and to large groups.
- Knowledge of specialty fertilizer products, including nitrogen stabilizers.
- Knowledge of the 4R Nutrient Stewardship Program, precision agriculture and emerging fertilizer technologies.
- Experience independently conducting agronomic research and a strong understanding of statistical analysis and experimental design.
- Knowledge of TKI Crop Vitality competitors’ products and service offerings in the specialty fertilizer arena, with a familiarity of crop protection products.
- Working knowledge of customer segments and needs, including crop production and input practices, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers and growers.
- Experience with product evaluation, marketing and product launch.
- Experience with the development of training modules focused on product technical data, selling messages and tools for the sales team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
Founded in 1947, Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) serves the agriculture, mining and industrial markets with a broad range of products and technologies around the world. The TKI family, comprised of more than 500 motivated individuals, is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and is spread across more than 27 states. TKI is part of the Belgium based Tessenderlo Group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals and providing industrial solutions.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program