Quality Control Lab Technican
- 2248 W Lower Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85009, USA
- Department: Quality
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Currently, TKI seeks a Quality Control Laboratory Technician to be part of a team supporting TKI’s overarching quality program to ensure products meet standards and specifications.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with good organizational skills. A background in chemistry or previous lab experience is preferred, but not required. Being comfortable with computers (Microsoft Office suite) and able to use or learn instrument software/operation is critical, as is being on your feet for a majority of the day.
A typical day may include monitoring product quality by analytical testing using a variety of common and moderately complex tasks. Facilitating efficient and effective laboratory functionality as well as individual results analysis and reporting will be expected.
Join TKI and you will work alongside detailed and passionate peers whose goals help to support the world’s food supply through chemistry in our gorgeous state-of-the-art innovation center in Phoenix, AZ.
What you will do:
- Follow laboratory and other company safety procedures including the constant proper use of appropriate PPE and the practice of good housekeeping standards.
- Be responsible for data quality and method integrity.
- Timely preparation of written documents as required to report test results.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data to select corrective steps.
- Maintain the integrity of the sample retention library.
- Maintain a working knowledge/understanding of the operation of, and the computer programs associated with, all lab equipment.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining the inventory of lab supplies.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and performing preventative maintenance.
- Stay motivated and perform duties with limited supervision.
- Strive to comprehend and carry out detailed instructions.
What we will need from you:
- Associate’s degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with wet chemistry and titrations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to become trained on complex instrumentation including but not limited to ICP, liquid chromatography, atomic absorption, and gas chromatography.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Paid maternity and Parental time off
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program