Field Product Development Manager
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Business Development
NovaSource, the global crop protection business unit within the Tessenderlo family of companies, seeks a Field Product Development Manager (FPDM) to work closely with the Director of Development to implement field product research and carry out the overall field development plan for new and existing products.
As the Field Product Development Manager, your overarching goal will be to substantially contribute to the development of new products, increase commercial sales of existing products, and provide overall technical support to the organization. In addition, you will participate in the evolution of the NS product line toward a more balanced portfolio (conventional & biological).
The most valuable candidate will have substantial knowledge of crop protection specifically in specialty crops and especially in California. Experience in vine crops would be ideal. In addition, as a significant contributor who is confident and proficient at a high level, you will work with a great deal of autonomy, and have a substantial impact on the overall business.
Come explore more about this exciting opportunity and how you can be part of this highly entrepreneurial environment where you can contribute in meaningful ways.
Please note: We will need you to be located or willing to relocate to California.
What you will do:
Field Product Development:
- Manage CROs in the implementation of field development trials. Coordinate university field trials and assist with customer generated field research in coordination with the commercial team.
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and internally disseminating development results in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Support existing strategic alliances and develop additional ones with university, extension, government and other key influencers pertinent to the commercial development of products.
- Generate new product development ideas and assist with the screening of new product development opportunities. Identify technical pros and cons and generally contribute to the overall assessment of product opportunities.
- Provide technical field intelligence and analysis for special projects such as government/regulatory requests, customer projects, acquisition opportunities, etc..
- Responsible for various administrative responsibilities such as establishing contracts with researchers, processing vendor payables, coordinating sample shipments, etc.
- Support regional marketing and sales personnel in their effort to innovate and qualify existing product improvement concepts. Conduct formal trials if, and as required, to verify demo trial findings and generate supporting scientific data validating concepts to insure replicability.
- Contribute to the Regulatory Department in the creation of, and changes to, product labels, such as Section 3 & 18 SLNs, 2ee etc., and interaction with IR-4.
- For new product launches, play lead role in training and overall technically supporting the commercialization effort. Conduct internal training and attend distributor/grower training meetings, technical presentations, etc. upon request.
- Prepare internal communications such as trial data summaries and trip reports and assist in the development of external technical communications and training materials.
- Communicate international and North American development know-how to improve cross geographical knowledge transfer through regular contact with all regions globally.
- Responsible for responding to technical product complaints in coordination with other managers as required.
- Gather and report on field intelligence of interest including competitor product performance, new product entrants of interest and general market conditions pertinent to the company.
What you need to have:
- A Masters degree in an agronomic field, preferably related to crop protection.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in field development or technical service.
- Working knowledge of weed, disease and insect pests of specialty crops and accepted field testing techniques used to evaluate product performance. Additional experience in biological crop protection is a plus.
- Strong organizational, administrative and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficient in Agricultural Research Manager (ARM) software.
- Ability to be a team player as well as an independent problem solver.
- Located or willing to relocate to California.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time including international travel*
- Spanish language capability is highly desirable.
* Covid restrictions permitting
Why join TKI:
NovaSource, a business unit of TKI, is a rapidly growing pesticide business focused on niche agricultual markets. Operating in over forty different countries. NovaSource is a leading supplier of vital crop protection products to the specialty crop farmer community.
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
NovaSource YouTube Channel: