Environmental Specialist 1
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: HSE- Health Safety Environment
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. we use innovative chemistry to nurture and enhance life through the power of the sulfur molecule. We bring essential life-sustaining products to market through sustainable practices, superior customer service and a passion for the markets we serve.
Come work for TKI, a place you can make a positive impact on the world in which we live, while working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision.
Currently we seek an Environmental Specialist to assist its operating facilities and Business Units to maintain regulatory compliance. As the Environmental Specialist you will work closely with facility management, other members of the Health Safety Environment & Quality (HSEQ) team and periodically (as necessary) contractor/governmental employees.
You will report directly to the Director of HSEQ, and be part of a small dynamic team committed to sustainability, and ensuring compliance with both governmental regulations and company policies.
A typical day might include working closely with remote sites while spending time developing good working relationships. In addition, you would assist the Director in the implementation, monitoring, and assessment of all phases of the Corporate Environmental Program.
The most valuable candidate will be someone who has a good working knowledge of Environmental rules and structure of regulations as well as good people and writing skills, experience with EPA/State regulations for hazardous chemicals, and permitting experience. Experience conducting Audits would be a plus. Does this sound like you? Please read further to learn more.
What you will do:
- Conducts periodic announced environmental audits of facilities at the direction of the Director of HSEQ. These audits include identifying potential deficiencies in the environmental compliance at the sites and producing written reports to management.
- Assists facilities by completing annual reports (Tier II, Hazardous Waste, Pollution Prevention). Completion of other annual reports may also be required.
- Assists facilities by managing waste disposal (both hazardous and non-hazardous), approving waste profiles and manifests.
- Assists facilities by writing and updating various plans for facilities (ERP, SWPPP, SPCC, Site Security Plans).
- Assists facilities with interacting with governmental agencies and obtaining permits (air permits, waste water disposal, etc.).
- Assists in analyzing current and proposed government regulatory standards (EPA, DOT and other entities) to ensure compliance and possible implications to the business.
- Assists in the development of written programs required by regulatory agencies and at the direction of the Director of HSEQ.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 5%.
What we need from you:
- Degree in Science or Engineering preferred.1-5 years in a regulatory driven position.
- Excellent working knowledge of DOT, EPA and state environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and assist operating facilities with complying with those regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise corporate procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Chilid bearing and Parental Leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program