- Greater Salt Lake area, Salt Lake, Utah, us
- Department: Logistics
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Join our Transportation team as a Truck Driver, and you will be part of a team that is committed to safety every day.
At Tessenderlo Kerley Inc. (TKI), our transportation team is a vital artery of our success. Our safety focused team thrives in offering innovative solutions, and high quality reliable transportation services in a demanding growing business culture.
Currently we are looking to hire a CDL Driver out of Salt Lake City. If you are an experienced bulk tanker transit driver, hazmat certified and have a clean driving record, we want to speak with you!
Please read further for more details.
Responsible for safe delivering of assigned loads. While providing customer service, maintaining a professional image, and sales representation as part of the company team.
- Operate various types of delivery trucks and trailers setting safety first.
- Operate other kinds of equipment as required.
- Provide a customer focused experience to our customers when delivering.
- Be alert to customer needs and problems and try to resolve them.
- Practice good communication by advising supervisors of all customer service activities.
- Maintain high standards of courtesy and respect for all customers and fellow employees and develop professional relationships with customers.
- Maintain high company image standards for self and vehicle.
- Keep personal appearance neat and well groomed. Uniforms must be clean.
- Trucks must be kept clean and neat both inside and outside.
- Arrange for routine truck maintenance and repair with supervisor in accordance with service intervals specified in the operations manual.
- Perform minor maintenance functions as required.
- Prepare cargo documents, and other paperwork completely, accurately, and legibly to assure product quality.
- Have proper PPE and equipment readily available for shipment.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Current CDL with hazardous material, tanker, double-triple endorsement is a must.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations (CFR 49) is required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in bulk tanker transit.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Strong communication skills are important for success.
- Ability to pull heavy hoses.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds.
- Transportation team members.
- Provide service to our customers- Internal and external.
- Safety and compliance with DOT and all other federal regulations necessary for this area.
- On time deliveries.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Childbearing & Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program