Bulk Delivery Specialist
- 2910 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
- Department: Supply Chain - CV
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Join our Transportation team as a Bulk Delivery Specialist, and you will be part of an award winning team of 10 that is committed to safety every day.
At Tessenderlo Kerley Inc. (TKI), our transportation team is a vital artery of our success. Our safety focused team thrives in offering innovative solutions, and high quality reliable transportation services in a demanding growing business culture.
As the Delivery Specialist, you will be working with three other specialist, with focus on safely managing bulk shipment supplies of TKI products to customers and terminals. You will work closely with TKI truck drivers, third party carriers, supply chain, and sales teams.
If you are detailed oriented, enjoy solving problems, and helping people all while having fun with a collaborative team, then I invite you to learn more and apply.
What you will do:
As the Delivery Specialist you will be an expert in bulk tanker operations and DOT compliance. You will manage and arrange safe transit of liquid bulk shipments for mining and industrial products. In addition, you will direct and control the safe and timely delivery of assigned dedicated accounts to meet contractual obligations including vendor managed inventory and be responsible for controlling operational cost and compliance of accounts. Some of your ongoing responsibilities might include:
- Daily interfaces with the customer, in a courteous manner, using independent judgment when handling loads based on the economics of the situation, equipment specifications, availability, and driver availability. Contacts the customer to apprise them of any delay or changes.
- Assist in communication with Fleet Manager or maintenance facilities to avoid delivery disruptions.
- Ability and willingness to work with systems after hours, as well as evenings and weekends, for short periods of time or as necessary as the business dictates.
- Work with Fleet Manager and Compliance Analyst to ensure drivers are compliant to enter mine sites.
- Ability to plan forward managing assets, working with plant sites, hours of service, and changing inventory consumption levels.
- Liaison for BU to ensure asset requirements are in place to fulfill customer requirements.
- Develop efficient routes according to product in compliance with HMR.
- Direct all activities related to distribution, routing, tracking, and costing.
- Investigates to verify and resolve complaints and inquiries.
- Ability to travel to customer or carrier sites.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Plan, organize, and manage coordination of driver schedules in accordance with Department of Transportation Hours of Service and customer requirements.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Lead and strategize new business and growth opportunities. New business startup mentality.
- Procure trucks, arrange deliveries, and obtain rates for product orders at all TKI and third party.
- Maintain open communications with plants, terminals, and customer service to confirm status of pending delivery transactions.
- Work cohesively with our Supply Chain team and business units to confirm adequate inventory levels at customer sites, plants, and terminals to carry out deliveries.
- Handle customer difficulties and inquiries.
- Identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost without jeopardizing service.
- Develop and nurture relationships with internal and third party transportation service providers.
- Cross train and provide support on other departmental truck related duties.
- Establish proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Development of training material.
Key knowledge, skills and behaviors:
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR.
- Experience: 2-3 years bulk tanker experience including deep logistics/transportation experience and customer service work.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition.
- Strong mathematical and negotiation skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability and willingness to monitor systems after hours, as well as evenings and weekends, for short periods of time or as necessary as the business dictates.
- Proven track record of agility to respond to continuous customer changes.
- Computer literacy required; must be thoroughly versed in MS-Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective utilization of appropriate SAP modules is a key requirement
- Set high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Ability to travel with short notice.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program