Technical Service Technician
- 2248 W Lower Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85009, USA
- Department: Research and Development- Innovation
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As the Technical Service Technician you will be experienced and skilled in chemistry and chemistry labs to provide field and laboratory technical service for Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI) product lines, such as Cyntrol® corrosion control chemicals, used in refineries, and other products as assigned, while also assist in administrative and technical support at the TKI Innovation Center in Phoenix when not at customer sites.
You will be familiar with analytical & wet chemistry, and will be able to perform analyses with a high degree of precision and accuracy with excellent attention to detail. Additionally, the Technical Service Technician will maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times, while working directly with clients.
Please note: the ability to travel frequently and at short notice with North America and potential international travel is a requirement for this opportunity.
- Rigorously follow laboratory and other company safety procedures including the constant proper use of appropriate PPE and the practice of “good housekeeping” standards.
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel to customer locations 25 to 50% of the time with short notice.
- Perform analyses and experiments in the field and lab.
- Be responsible for data quality and method integrity.
- Maintain a working knowledge/understanding of the operation of lab equipment and the computer programs associated with all lab equipment.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data to select corrective steps.
- Keep a daily log and retain other lab records as instructed.
- Timely preparation of written documents as required to report test results.
- Maintain equipment record books.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining the inventory of lab & field support supplies.
- Perform laboratory administrative functions as directed.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and performing preventative maintenance.
- Excel in working with customers, chemists, engineers, sales staff, technicians, production, and management.
- Be flexible and open to change on short notice and work extra hours as required.
- Perform the required duties under stressful conditions.
- Stay motivated and perform duties with limited supervision.
- Strive to comprehend and carry out detailed instructions.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Associate Degree in a science discipline, preferably chemistry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with wet chemistry, titrations, experimental design and the ability to learn new techniques and the curiosity to contribute to new ideas and ways of working.
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation such as GC, AA, Ion Chromatography, FTIR, HPLC and UV-VIS are an advantage.
- Meticulous recording of data and maintenance of records
- An understanding of chemical lab principles and the ability and desire to learn new techniques and chemistries in support of TKI chemistry and applications
- Ability to understand, trouble-shoot, and repair mechanical and electronic apparatus.
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- QC, MPR and TKI Innovation Center employees
- Sales and Marketing team
Key Metrics Areas:
- Safety performance and adherence to standards, procedures and overall cleanliness.
- Productivity and efficient use of time.
- Accuracy of lab results and consistent demonstration of understanding and knowledge of TKI chemistry processes and services.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program