Mechanical Engineer II
- 4600 E Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85034, USA
- Department: Tech Services
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
S8 Engineering was formerly known as TKServices and was acquired by parent company Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. in 1988 to serve and evolve as experts in its own sulfur technology. We have also built many facilities, and continue to operate and maintain them, in partnership with major industrial clients through our “BOOM Model” – Build, Own, Operate and Maintain.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then S8/TKI is the right place for you.
As a Mechanical Engineer for S8 you will focus on four major areas of engineering, which are Technical, Documentation, Project Support, and Leadership Mentoring.
Below will identify responsibilities you can expect to work on in these areas of focus:
- Design vessels and other equipment while considering the impact on /design of all instrumentation, relief devices, piping, valves, foundation, structural steel, etc.
- Perform calculations for all S8 shop built vessels in accordance with ASME code requirements both manually and using CEI Design Program.
- Perform vendor and field inspections on equipment for mechanical and design conformance with S8 specifications and vendor drawings. Witness any hydro or other testing to be performed.
- Closely monitor and verify all equipment, specialty items, etc. have been ordered and assist the QC department to ensure it meets S8 specifications.
Engineering and Miscellaneous Documentation:
- Review engineering drawings for conformance with applicable codes and design standards.
- Prepare project specific piping and material specifications.
- Prepare and approve Specifications and scopes of work for various related mechanical portions of the project such as critical lifts and demolitions, vessel and piping insulation, refractory installation, etc.
- Review and approve equipment lists, valve lists, and P&IDs before issuing. Review these documents against each other, Specifications, and any other supporting documents for consistency and mechanical integrity.
- Prepare REQ for each specification created as well as commodity items and scopes of work.
- Review bids/quotes from vendors to ensure they meet requirements and delivery.
- Review and approve all final vendor data (VDR) packets and mechanical data books (MDB). Assist expediting and document control in obtaining and labeling the correct documentation.
- Respond to Material Receiving Inspection Reports (MRIR) when received. Implement technical knowledge and problem solving abilities to determine outcome of MRIR.
- Follow up on all documentation created and reviewed to ensure nothing becomes overlooked or misplaced before issuing.
- Must adhere to mechanical engineering deliverables schedule and project budget.
- Provide assistance to project management.
- Provide technical support to procurement when collaborating with vendors
- Travel onsite for project construction support.
- Provide mechanical engineering support for operational units.
- Provide project management support for small plant projects.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for bids and budgets.
- Provide direction and solutions to document control, procurement and expediting when required for the assembling of VDRs, MDBs, technical drawing reviews, the purchasing of equipment, etc.
- Provide information and direction to other mechanical engineers while confirming everyone stays informed of all project details and deadlines. Verify the workload is distributed and accomplished in a timely manner.
What you need to have/know to be successful:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and 5 to 10+ years’ experience in projects and vessel fabrication required.
- Working knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API, NBIC, and NACE.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Be able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts to managers, designers, engineers, and fabricators as well as to those working outside of the mechanical engineering discipline.
- Independence of Action, Technical Knowledge and Problem Solving: Be able to perform key accountabilities and seek advice from senior engineering.
- Productivity: Be able to work efficiently, effectively and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Planning and Organization: Be able to independently prioritize workload from multiple projects, follow up on assigned tasks, and seek additional help when needed.
- Initiative: Be able to identify tasks that need to be completed and take the initiative to perform required work. Take initiative to learn and obtain knowledge in all departments.
- Work attitude: Work well with others and create an atmosphere of team unity.
- Safety: Follow all guidelines set forth by the office, shop and field.
- Software: AutoCAD, CEI Vessel Design Program, NavisWorks Freedom, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Visio, Pipe stress analysis program.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.