Technical Sales Engineer
- 2443 N Gordon St, Alvin, TX 77511, USA
- Department: Sales
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide.
MPR Services is a Business Unit within TKI and operates in the global oil and gas refining sector. MPR Services provides advanced technology for amine recovery , either through mobile or permanently installed equipment. We provide both patented processes and analytical services to create economical and environmentally friendly improvements in plant operations.
Serving our customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful. If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI/MPR is the right place for you.
Currently MPR is looking to hire a Technical Sales Engineer to increase sales volume and profitability of permanent and mobile units, through developing key relationships and knowledge of client operating structures and DMU-processes.
Your typical day could either be spent on site or at a client’s location in the US or Canada. You also could expect to interact with various staff such as sales, operations, administration, engineering, legal and tax.
Being a flexible team player in your day to day interactions is familiar and something you will be able to manage well. You will be a natural communicator who enjoys solving problems and helping people/teams be successful. In addition, you will be comfortable with developing lasting relationships by understanding and listening to you customer needs.
What you can expect to do:
- Identify and create opportunities and then execute sales for mobile, permanent and associated services and products
- Manage accounts and interface with clients, end users and industry stakeholders to understand specific needs and respond with appropriate solutions. Detailed product knowledge, understanding of technical specifications, and the expertise to understand customer requirements.
- Be proficient in identifying and specifying projects based upon client input and interface with operations and engineering on the successful delivery of those projects. In association with the foregoing this person will be required to generate detailed and professional project proposals and then tactfully negotiate the commercial terms of each proposal.
- Take responsibility for effectively setting up customer accounts. At the conclusion of each project or order follow for complete and accurate payment
- Respond to customer needs in a timely and professional manner by working with internal partners.
- Identify, research, and develop new growth opportunities with a focus on growing market size . Develop new business within those spheres.
- Maintain active involvement in appropriate industry groups and work within those groups to enhance the MPR Brand
- You will be actively involved in the development of targeted deliverables, goals and budgets as well as be accountable to deliver, achieve and exceed targeted levels
- Attention to details is important. You ensure you are consistent in delivering high-quality reporting, ideally in a CRM and always in a timely manner
What you need to know (or posses) to be successful:
- A degree in Chemical Engineering with related process engineering experience is highly preferred
- Technical sales experience is required
- Three years of amine or gas treating experience is preferable
- Refining, Ammonia plant, natural gas processing and syngas production experience is a plus
- Strong affinity with and access to Engineering companies is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills / Consultative selling
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work onsite at customer (i.e. must be able to wear PPE and work/visit client sites
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A second language proficiency would be preferable
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance.
- Fun and rewarding environment.
- Learning, development and team work.
- Community involvement/outreach.
- Challenging and meaningful work.
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!).
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution.
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, up to 4% of annual base salary.
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria.
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary.
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year.
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable.
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance.
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents.
- Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Company referral program.