- 2443 N Gordon St, Alvin, TX 77511, USA
- Department: Tech Services
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
MPR Services is a Business Unit within TKI and operates in the global oil and gas refining sector. MPR Services provides advanced technology for amine recovery , either through mobile or permanently installed equipment. We provide both patented processes and analytical services to create economical and environmentally friendly improvements in plant operations.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then MPR is the right place for you.
Come work for MPR and you will be joining a community of innovative engineers.
Currently we seek a successful Project/Process Engineer who has at least three or more years of experience working in refineries or chemical plants in a operations capacity, and/or as a project engineer (preferably both).
As the project engineer, you will be a “wearer of many hats” as you will be managing projects from beginning to end, and partner with operations. Your day may include estimating costs to build new skid package for Sales, recommending troubleshooting steps to Maintenance, or suggesting process improvements to Operations. Much of your time will be spent in our Alvin, Texas offices/shop, but you should expect to also at times, be dispatched to client locations both domestic and international to start-up new units or help with assisting existing customers such as with HAZOPs or PHAs. You will also help maintain customer-centric relations with clients in supporting MPR fleet of skid packages in various client locations in the US and Europe.
To be successful as a Project Engineer you will need solid project management skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with various teams. In addition, expertise in producing project documentation such as P&IDs, control narratives; specifying instrumentation for process control, materials compatibility, pressure vessels, piping, pumps, control valves, heat exchangers, etc. will be essential. Teams you can expect to interface with are: Sales, Management, Clients, Operating Companies, EPC firms in cost/schedule management, Factory Acceptance Testing, as well as working with mechanical and I&E fabricators.
As the Project Engineer your primary focus will be preparing documentation packages for bidding to mechanical and I&E fabricators to construct skids (SSUs) and to provide documentation required by clients and possibly their EPC firm engineering representatives. Control system (PLC program) and HMI (Human–Machine Interface) screen design and software development may also be included in skid package engineering. Technical support of existing skid packages currently in customer plants will also be required.
To be successful, you will need to work and effectively communicate with clients, other professionals and designers to accurately produce skid project engineering documents, including: Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams ( P&ID),General Arrangement Drawings (GA),Control Narrative, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Associated Lists: Lines, Tie Points, Valves, Pumps, Vessels, Instruments and Equipment, Project Fabrication Scope of Supply, General Mechanical / Structural Design Specifications, General I & E Design Specifications,Valve and other Instrument Specifications.
In addition, you will manage the activities of fabricators and review engineering documents produced by them for accuracy of content, including: GA, Structure, Foundation Layout and Loading Plans, Procedures (NDT, Hydrostatic Testing & Welding), Inspection Test Plans (ITPs), Quality Control Plan for Vessels, Piping and Skid fabrication, Pressure Vessel Design Calculations and certification documents, Material Test Reports and Certifications, Electrical Equipment Control Diagrams, I & E Fabrication Quality Control Plans, Detailed Procurement, Manufacturing and Test Schedule, Fabricator’s Documentation Dossier, Weld Maps and Procedures,Final Project Documentation Package, Project Schedule and Budget Tracking.
What you will do:
- Develop and provide expertise in MPR Services solvent purification technologies in the areas of solvent filtration, ion exchange and thermal separation in support of all aspects of amine/glycol reclamation business
- Create process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), Logic Diagrams, Cause & Effect diagrams and other engineering in support of projects in designing and building SSUs.
- Develop and provide expertise in specifying instrumentation for process control: pH adjustment, conductivity and flow measurement, vessel and line sizing, routing, etc.
- Develop and provide expertise in materials compatibility, pressure vessels, piping, pumps, control valves, electrical and hazardous area requirements, safety relief valves, heat exchangers and other process equipment
- Provide Project Management skills as key interface with clients, operating companies, EPC firms, in cost and schedule management, participation in HAZOPs. Design Reviews, Factory Acceptance Testing, Commissioning & Start-Up of new SSUs
- Develop design packages including line sizing, calculations for pressure drop, pump sizing, P&IDs, line lists, instrument lists, review of all detailed design information for client submittal
- Provide technical information throughout proposal, engineering and construction phases to clients and in-house customers with regard to all aspects of process engineering
- Generate cost and schedule estimates for Sales and Management teams, utility requirements and other client information
- Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive and to continuously improve MPR designs/performance
- Assist Operations in maintaining units and continuously improve unit reliability to ensure the safe, reliable and responsible operations of mobile and permanent equipment through effective preventive maintenance programs and reliability engineering methodologies
- Organization, logic, and reliability to projects
- Produce projects within cost and schedule commitments made during proposal stage
hat you need to be successful:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited University; PE or EIT registration in Texas is a plus
- You will have at lease 3 years, (preferably 5+years) experience, and working knowledge of plant/refinery processes, in particular amine treating systems
- Current US passport with ability to occasionally travel, (1-2 weeks at a time typical, 20% or less)
- Possess good time management skills
- Ability to program Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and/or assist with software development for operation of SSU is a plus
- Ability to understand and learn how to optimize MPR ion exchange and filtration, and pH adjustment technologies
- Develop ability to properly size equipment for the expected contaminant removal required
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, Excel is required, MS Project a plus, and PDF modification software
- Ability to present and communicate technical and other information effectively in a manner appropriate for the audience
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work responsibly and safely with minimal supervision, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, display ownership mentality and flexibility in acceptance of work assignments
- Develop sizing information for process equipment (pumps, heat exchangers, tanks, pressure vessels, etc)
Why join TKI/ MPR:
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program