- 2252 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008, USA
- Department: Supply Chain - CV
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
Join our Transportation team as a Delivery Specialist, and you will be part of an award winning team of 10 that is committed to safety every day.
At Tessenderlo Kerley Inc. (TKI), our transportation team is a vital artery of our success. Our safety focused team thrives in offering innovative solutions, and high quality reliable transportation services in a demanding growing business culture.
As the Delivery Specialist, you will be working with three other specialist, with focus on safely managing bulk shipment supplies of TKI products to customers and terminals. You will work closely with TKI truck drivers, third party carriers, supply chain, and sales teams. If you are detailed oriented, enjoy solving problems, and helping people all while having fun with a collaborative team, then I invite you to learn more and apply.
What you will do:
- Procure trucks, arrange deliveries and obtain rates for product orders at all TKI and third party Toller facilities
- Ensure safe transit of truck shipments focusing on safety, current delivery requirements, and planned truck activities in bulk tanker, LTL, intermodal, flatbed, temperature controlled, and dry van
- Maintain open communications within supply chain to confirm status of pending delivery transactions
- Work cohesively with our supply chain department and business units to confirm adequate inventory levels at plants and terminals to carry out deliveries
- Vendor managed inventory for dedicated accounts
- Handle customer difficulties and inquiries
- Identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost without jeopardizing service.
- Develop and nurture relationships with internal and third party transportation service providers
- Cross train and provide support on other departmental truck related duties
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers on transportation related inquires and manage conflicts in a professional manner.
- Establish proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develop appropriate solutions; and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Develop training material.
What we need you to know/have:
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in transportation or related environment.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); and has the ability to manage stressful environments
- Knowledge of DOT regulations (49 CFR)
- Knowledge of NMFC
- Able to train others with varying skill level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially in Excel
- Effective listening skills
- Able to see the bigger picture across functionality
- Sets high standards of performance for self
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and/or tasks
- Transportation team members
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. customers
- Shared service provider to Business Units
Key Metrics Areas:
- Truck deliveries created
- On time shipments
- Contribution to freight cost savings
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program