Crop Vitality Sales Specialist
- Southern Region, Amarillo, TX, United States
- Department: Sales
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
The Crop Vitality group was formed in 2012 to distinguish TKI’s presence in agribusiness as we create solutions to meet the challenges of modern agriculture. The Crop Vitality team is comprised of over 300 employees, dedicated to providing solutions to achieve nutrient rich crops through research and innovation.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As a Crop Vitality Sales Specialist you will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager- You will serve as the TKI Crop Vitality sales contact with distributors and retailers in the Southern Plain region. You represent the company enthusiastically and establish relationships with new distributors & retailers as well as maintain and manage the existing book of business.
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Research and identify sales opportunities for TKI Crop Vitality products within the Southern Plains.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown in the Southern Plains.
- Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests and offers from competitor’s pertinent market intel.
- Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
- Schedule, organize and execute TKI Crop Vitality product presentations to distributors, retailers and growers.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and providing follow-up service.
- Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions and industry news.
- Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the specified region of responsibility.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition or other life sciences is a plus.
- Possess or willing to obtain a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license.
- 2-3 years of field experience in plant nutrition, soil science or other agricultural related science – technical understanding of plant nutrition is essential.
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work within budget, expenses and time constraints.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including wearing TKI Crop Vitality apparel while representing the company on sales calls, conferences or business events.
- Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial but not required.
- TKI Crop Vitality Business Unit Directors, Agronomists and manufacturing plants.
- Nurture relationships with existing customers and new accounts.
- Identify new sales opportunities and manage these relationships as well.
Key Metrics Areas
- Maintain & increase existing sales.
- Maintain customer loyalty & retention.
- Work within predetermined expense budgets.
- Promote the Crop Vitality brand & the Crop Vitality value proposition.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance.
- Fun and rewarding environment.
- Learning, development and team work.
- Community involvement/outreach.
- Challenging and meaningful work.
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!).
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution.
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, up to 4% of annual base salary.
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria.
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary.
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year.
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable.
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance.
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents.
- Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Company referral program.