- 2255 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008, USA
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
The Intern role in TKI is of mutual benefit to the employee and the team. The employee gains valuable training, insights, and on the job experience. The team gains support with the clerical and entry level work.
Because the role is revolving and for short periods, most work will be limited to surface level work. In depth detailed assignments will only be given based on the interns skills, ability, and level of education.
Typical work consists of filing articles on SharePoint, assisting with filing and population of plant and engineering documentation, and creation of binders and other documentation. Some technical assignments may include tank inventory calculations, creating and/or updating operations manuals, and creation/review of internal policies and procedures.
If applicable, more in depth assignments will include technical training from a one of the engineering team in areas of instrument and/or equipment sizing.
The intern typically won't interface with the plants. Instead, the intern will work with an engineer.
This is a shared position. The intern may be asked to do work for HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental, including regulatory affairs, the Electrical and Instrumentation Department, or the Process Design and Engineering Department. Additional work may be requested by other departments.
Completion of projects as assigned which may include:
· Scanning and Filing documentation
· Creation, Contribution and/or Review of Policy and Procedure
· Creation, Contribution and/or Review of Internal Procedures
· Creation, Contribution and/or Review of Excel based engineering calculations
· Assistance to other departments
· Other items as assigned
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
· Pursuing a BS in Chemical Engineering
o Preferably in Sophomore year or greater
· Productivity – Be able to work efficiently and quickly
· Communication & Interpersonal Skills – Be able to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas, and concepts.
· Planning/Organization – With assistance, set own goals and manage time/projects. Work with others to move projects/work forward. Work with others to pursue goals/ideas.
· Work Attitude – Inspire others by professionalism, work ethic, attitude, and productivity.
· Safety – Know and to follow safety requirements, complete training.
· With Oversight from Engineer
o R&D Lab
o Quality Control Lab
· TKI PE Groups
Key Metrics Areas
· HSE Compliance
· Thoroughness and Completion of Tasks Assigned
· Ability to identify questions to ask when assignments are given
· Demonstration of one technical skill learned (i.e. calculation of pressure drop in a system or sizing of a pump)
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work