Regional Sales Manager (Crop Protection)
- 5427 EAST CENTRAL AVENUE, Fresno, California, us
- Department: Sales
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.(TKI), is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
NovaSource, (a Business Unit of TKI) delivers effective and proven crop protection products to niche agricultural markets around the world. Currently the NovaSource team has a need for a dynamic Sales Manager to support the Central/Northern California Region.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then TKI is the right place for you.
As the Regional Account Manager you will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing for North America. You will expand sales of existing products in the region consisting primarily in Northern California including the Klamath Valley and Nevada.
As the Regional Account Manager you will interact with growers, distributors and retailers for the region and be responsible for maintaining and expanding profitable sales and technical support. Some primary responsibilities would include execution of the annual budget, forecasting sales, and long term contribution to customer and account development. In addition, you will Identify, recruit and manage part time personnel to capitalize on business opportunities in the region as well as play a role in the acquisition process as necessary (both due diligence and integration).
• Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
• Maintain the current established client portfolio and look to build the size of ‘wallet spend’ attributed to NovaSource.
• Work with sales leadership in the establishment and use of product price decision making variables.
• Research and identify new sales opportunities.
• Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
• Develop accurate quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown for the region.
• Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests and offers from competitor’s pertinent market intelligence.
• Input and use NovaSource CRM to maximum effect and as a base the maintenance of the customer master data.
• Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
• Use agronomists to support the execution of sales and marketing plans (where appropriate)
• Schedule, organize and execute NovaSource product presentations to distributors, retailers and growers.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and providing follow-up service.
• Work with credit management on over dues and customer credit terms.
• Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions and industry news.
• Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the specified region of responsibility.
• Nurture and protect brand identity of BU and develop opportunities to extend brand influence and penetration.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
• Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition or other life sciences is preferred but a degree level qualification is essential
• Ten years or more experience in the agricultural crop protection industry & a track record of success in field sales.
- Proven working relationships with distribution at all levels.
- Proven ability to work with crop advisors.
- Experience in the region preferred.
- Combination of large and small company experience is a plus.
• Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
• Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
• A knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP and CRM tools.
• Ability to forecast
• Ability to work within budget, expenses and time constraints.
• Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial but not required.
• Ability and desire to contribute and succeed in a flat organization.
- Can do attitude
- Good interpersonal relationships; chemistry with the rest of the group is important
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong industry network.
- Basic computer skills (Email, WORD, etc.)
• Head of North American Sales
• Business Unit (BU) Directors, Agronomists and manufacturing plants.
• Other BU colleagues
• Customers at all levels
• Distributors and other key relationships.
• Nurture relationships with existing customers and new potential accounts.
• Supply Chain and Credit management.
• External bodies such as CAPCA or Crop Life America
• Regulatory authorities (where appropriate)
Key Metrics Areas
• Maintain & increase existing sales.
• Volumes and margins vs. budget and previous years.
• FOB sales
• New business conversions
• Customer complaint resolution
• Customer loyalty & retention
• Work within predetermined expense budgets
• Forecasting accuracy
• Agricultural market data
Location and Reporting Relationship:
• The position reports to the Director of Sales for North America.
• Central and Northern California
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program