Systems Engineer II - Network Security Lead
- Technology CF Job Family: System Engineering
- Group Function: Tesco Technology
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Job Title: Network Security Lead (Systems Engineer II)
Job Location: Whitefield, Bengaluru
In this job, I
- Coach and mentor system engineers across Technology who are at a more junior level. I ensure that my own team’s area of technology is of a high quality and I understand the impacts to any other areas.
- Introduce automation to all aspects of my day to day work.
- Contribute to the Roadmap in my own technology area.
- Evaluate new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Produce Proof of Concepts for area of Infrastructure.
- Architect, design and deliver solutions using existing components where new technologies are being introduced. I implement them and establish best practice for their adoption.
- Will have a range of technical skills (for each area) including:
- Network – Routing & Switching, Network Security, DNS, DHCP, Proxy, CDN, SDN
- General skill - DevOps tools, Scripting, Version control, Monitoring
- I resolve incidents that have not been seen before and initiate change to ensure that issues can be easily dealt with in future.
- Lead group design discussions on my area of expertise and be able to present with authority to a variety of audiences.
- Understand and drive priorities towards Infrastructure strategy and programme.
- Design improvement to any support processes and drive Root cause analysis through vendors and service providers.
- Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
- Implement changes successfully and aware of the change management processes
- 10+ Years of experience with Engineering / Science Graduate
- Datacentre network technologies including routing & switching, Load balancer technologies, network security devices, monitoring and management tools.
- Experience in Design & Implementation of WAN Networks involving BGP and IGP (OSPF, EIGRP) protocols.
- Experience in Design & Implementation of Data Centre Networks involving Cisco Nexus, Arista & Advanced Switching technologies (FHRP / VPC / VDC/MLAG )
- Hands-on experience of developing and executing automated tests on switches, NICs or other networking platforms.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Shell or Python. Ability to develop test strategy and test plan.
- Write programs/scripts to automate switch configuration or statistics extraction based tasks.
- Tools/Utilities : DHCP/DNS, Git, Network automation tools, netflow
- Virtualization experience (kubernates or ESX a plus) , Vmware/NSX and Containers (Dockers)
- Understanding of Open Stack internals and components (Neutron, Nova etc) and API
- Understanding open vswitch and VXLAN is a plus
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at [email protected]