Head of Software Development
- 81 - 82, EPIP Area, Whitefield, Bengaluru, India
- Technology CF Job Family: Software Engineering
- Group Function: Tesco Technology
Tesco Technology consists of people from a number of different backgrounds, but having a common purpose to serve our shoppers a little better every day with our retail technological solutions. We shared a common interest in harnessing innovations in technology to enhance their shopping experience at Tesco stores. Whether making products, software or systems, our teams focuses on various aspects from taking strategic ownership of the architecture to delivering technological solutions such as design, testing, deployment, infrastructure, operation and security of the systems to ensure agile, smooth and safe operations. These help us to deliver the maximum business impact. Teams refine their internal processes to best fit their own needs, working to build core capabilities in application and services. We collaborate globally across teams to build end-to-end customer-facing solutions, as well as to share knowledge, experience, tools and techniques.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyones Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
framework and the tool ecosystem to implement end-to-end systems which I’m able to do
• Profile and optimise code.
• Produce test driven features in programming language - *Hiring manager complete* and
demonstrate that I’m comfortable with the TDD cycle.
• Apply my understanding of cohesion and the SOLID principles to create well structures
• Apply my understanding of threads the threading model and concurrent programming.
• Identify design patterns in code and refactor the code towards them where it increases
understanding and/or maintainability with minimal guidance.
• Translate requirements into tasks & code.
• Develop high quality code that can lead to rapid delivery. Ruthlessly pursuing continuous
integration and delivery.
• Commit code early and often demonstrating my understanding of version control & branching
• Automate everything by default.
• Write secure code by default.
• Write maintainable code and observe basic hygiene practices.
• Demonstrate the importance of domain model and I coherently model a problem domain within
a given context.
• Implement relevant project instrumentation.
• Follow the best practices of continuous BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing.
• Work effectively with my product stakeholders to communicate and translate their needs into
improvements in my product.
• Lead group discussions on design of particular areas and understand domain well enough to
work with Product Managers to drive value.
• Support production systems resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis.
• Debug/find complex problems and support/maintain the software solution.
• Share knowledge with the wider engineering community.
• Mentor motivate and develop those around me.
• Produce proof of concepts to evaluate new tools.
• Establish and maintain the right team and processes to continually deliver quality solutions.
• Build consensus within the team on the approach to the solution.
• Ensure impediments are removed.
• Have accountability for ensuring the team deliver on their commitments.
• Demonstrate expertise on a leading software development process and have an appreciation of
• Lead continuous integration and continuous delivery practices within the team.
• Measure and improve the rate and quality of code delivered within teams.
• Champion continuous improvement within the department.
• Understand and measure the rate value is being delivered.
• Deliver solutions which have dependencies on more underlying teams/components.
• Optimise teams to deliver solutions to complex problems at pace.
• Communicate clear objectives and career path for the team members.
• Monitor and appraise colleague performance and take appropriate action.
• Facilitate and support the development of individuals.
• Lead and mentor/develop teams containing experienced individuals.
• Recognise and nurture talent.
• Create space for the whole team to innovate.
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at [email protected]