Software Dev Engineer II - Sr ETL Datastage Developer
- 81 - 82, EPIP Area, Whitefield, Bengaluru, India
- Technology CF Job Family: Software Engineering
- Group Function: Tesco Technology
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
The Tesco name comes with a dedication to customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a fresh approach to finance and offers a fresh start both for our customers and for our staff.. Tesco Bank are part of Tesco PLC the largest retailer in the UK and the third biggest retailer worldwide. So we know our customers. We are also the UK's most successful supermarket bank and still growing. We bring simplicity to a sometimes overly complicated market and an approach that puts the customer firmly at the heart of everything we do. We seek to give our banking customers the same excellent value they have come to associate with Tesco stores.
Summary: We are Looking for ETL data stage support and development resource who is having minimum of 10 years’ experience in data warehousing on large scale of support
As a ETL Specialist include:
- Sourcing the data from the operational systems
- Applying the business transformation rules
- Preparing a database-loadable file for the Data Warehouse
- Management of the deployment of the data acquisition tool(s)
- Contributing the technical metadata to the metadata repository
- Work with the source system analysts to understand the windows available for data extraction
- Supporting BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads addressing user questions concerning data integrity
- Monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues & Should be able to translate business requirements into Design Specs
- Must to have experience in employing all of the Datastage transformations/techniques
- Experience in developing DataStage (11.5) solutions
- Experience on Grid architecture and the working of DataStage tool.
- Sound knowledge in SQL PL/SQL to manipulate the data.
- Able to implement Scripting Language in order to optimize the DataStage Batch
- Able to Designs code test debugs document and implement ETL interfaces and UNIX scripts
- Should be able to provide guidance and support to less experienced team members for design development testing and implementation
- knowledge in Shell Scripting to manipulate the source files as per prescribed requirements.
- Program test implement and maintain any data extraction programs necessary to extract the data from the operational systems needed to be moved to the Data Warehouse
- Programming the data acquisition tool with the rules to be applied to the data
- Ensuring the correct application of the business rules through data query after the data is loaded into the Data Warehouse.
- Knowledge of the data sources transformation rules and uses of the data for the area of stewardship
- Minimum 10+ years of experience required in ETL Datastage development
- Should have sound knowledge of oracle database like PL/SQL S joining queries etc.
- Should able to Designed Technical specifications and Mapping docs with Transformation rules
- Automation of workflow runs batch and nightly runs using scheduler
- Develop number of complex Data stage jobs sequences and shared containers.
- Troubleshooting of ETL jobs and addressing production issue and suggest job enhancements.
- Knowledge of Banking domain is a plus.
- Total experience : 10 years
- IBM Datastage ETL Oralce SQL/PL/sql Unix scripting AWS DW services
- Data stage (ETL ) development & support experience : 8 years
- Oracle Database Knowledge : 8 years
- Unix scripting Knowledge : 8 years
Functional skill set:
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills with good presentation skills
- Should have excellent problem solving abilities
- Should be a team player
On behalf of Tesco Bengaluru, we must caution all job seekers and educational institutions that Tesco Bengaluru does not authorise any third parties to release employment offers or conduct recruitment drives via a third party. Hence, beware of inauthentic and fraudulent job offers or recruitment drives from any individuals or websites purporting to represent Tesco. Further, Tesco Bengaluru does not charge any fee or other emoluments for any reason (including without limitation, visa fees) or seek compensation from educational institutions to participate in recruitment events.
Accordingly, please check the authenticity of any such offers before acting on them and where acted upon, you do so at your own risk. Tesco Bengaluru shall neither be responsible for honouring or making good the promises made by fraudulent third parties, nor for any monetary or any other loss incurred by the aggrieved individual or educational institution.
In the event that you come across any fraudulent activities in the name of Tesco Bengaluru, please feel free report the incident at [email protected]