Systems Engineer I
- 81 - 82, EPIP Area, Whitefield, Bengaluru, India
- Function/Stream: Engineering
- Technology CF Job Family: Security
- Group Function: Tesco Technology
Job Title: Systems Engineer I – Single Sign-on
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Bangalore Office.
About the Colleague Identity, Access Management & Service Desk team
The team operates within the Technology Security division, seeking to reduce technical risk that we face as an organisation through our management of colleague accounts & access. There is a large focus on using the technology that the team is building to increase the efficiency of managing accounts for 450,000 colleagues across the Tesco Group.
The team is made up of Product Managers and System Engineers working out of the UK and India who are working to identify, develop & rollout improvements to our systems. This role will sit within the single sign-on (SSO) and multi-factor authentication (MFA) team, working alongside application teams to develop and roll out SSO across the Tesco Group.
The Role – Systems Engineer I
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
· Onboard applications to the Tesco SSO system using SAML OIDC WS Fed/WS Trust and API
· Handle operational issues as part of the engineering team
· A mentality of continuously developing ways of working within the team to ensure continuous improvement of system engineering practices
· Develop monitoring using Tesco tools (Splunk) for application performance and errors
· Help to feedback & prioritise tech debt & refactoring work to Product Management
· Manage the process of testing and upgrading the product
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
· 2+ years working as part of a large-scale SSO implementation project using SAML OIDC and WS Fed/WS Trust protocols
· Understanding of Single Sign On (SSO) protocols Multi factor authentication
· Experience using authentication platforms (preferably OneLogin) to integrate applications at scale using SAML OAuth OIDC WS Fed/WS Trust
· Hands-on experience of implementing SSO using Onelogin or equivalent SaaS IdP
· Experience working across technical teams to deliver change and support queries
· Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues raised by application teams and handling platform-wide issues
· Flexibility ability to plan and organise responsiveness creativity self-starter
· Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership