Systems Engineer I - Network
- 81 - 82, EPIP Area, Whitefield, Bengaluru, India
- Function/Stream: Engineering
- Technology CF Job Family: System Engineering
- Group Function: Tesco Technology
Tesco Bengaluru: We are a multi-disciplinary team creating a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility, providing cutting-edge technological solutions and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise in Global Business Services and Retail Technology & Engineering, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers. Tesco Bengaluru, established in 2004 to enable standardisation and build centralised capabilities and competencies, makes the experience better for our millions of customers worldwide and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues.
Support the Network infrastructure in terms of:
- Incident & Problem Management
- Change Management
- Request Fulfilment
The supported infrastructure consists of various technologies and the role demands knowledge in the following
- Routing Technology
- BGP Basic concepts – EBGP and IBGP awareness BGP path selection criteria AS Nos. BGP synchronization
- BGP Advanced concepts – BGP attribute tuning community confederations Summarization etc.
- EIGRP Routing Protocol concepts
- OSPF routing protocol concepts
- Core MPLS VPN routing
- VRFlite routing
- QOS (layer 3 and Layer 2) basics
- QOS Advanced (Queuing Marking and Classification MQC RED/WRED)
- Switching Technology
- Configuring VLAN Trunks Port-channels(L2/L3)
- Spanning Tree protocol Basics(Root Bridge Root Port Designated port election Best Path selection)
- Spanning Tree protocol Advanced (Port-Fast BPDU Guard/Filter Uplink Fast Backbone Fast MST)
- Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) concept. FIB table explanation.
- VPC /VDC Basic concepts (VPC concept and working knowledge VDC concept and working knowledge)
- VPC/VDC Advanced concepts. (VPC issues troubleshooting VDC criteria and limitations)
- Nexus Hardware/module concepts
- Nexus Hardware/module concepts with VDC limitations considering Ethernet and Storage VDCs
- Dot1.x authentication awareness or working knowledge.
- DHCP & DNS
- Network Security
- Firewall Basic concepts(ACLs/NAT/State table/Firewalls worked upon).
- Firewall Advanced Concepts(Active/Standby and Active/Active ASA contexts Palo Alto firewall Distributed architecture Palo concepts)
- VPN (Site to site VPNs/Concept on ISE1c tunnelling GRE tunnelling)
- VPN (Client to Site VPN/Concept on ISE1c tunnelling)
- Working knowledge on Checkpoint firewalls ASA firewalls
- Administration of Cisco ACS servers for TACACS authentication
- DDOS mitigation mechanisms
- Proxy concepts/URL filtering
- Working knowledge on ISE Bluecoat Netapp Zscaler proxies
- IPS and threat protection
- Load Balancing concepts
- Concepts of F5 LTM or Cisco ACE Load Balancer
- Concepts on L7 load balancing or iRULES
- Concepts on DNS delegation using F5 GTM or Cisco GSS devices
- Concepts on caching technologies service providers and its usefulness
- Holistic and Future Technology awareness/ Awareness on Storage Area Network concepts
- Awareness on UCS Fabric Interconnects VXLAN
- Awareness on Cloud Computing Software Defined Networking(SDN) Cisco ACI VMware NSX
- Awareness on MPLS applications.
- Awareness on any scripting tools
- Awareness on generic AD concepts Datab s Unix/Linux platforms.
- Troubleshooting and Operational skills in Routing & Switching Security Load Balancers and Proxies.
- Skills on products from various vendors in the said technology areas - including Cisco Arista Checkpoint F5 BlueCoat