Receptionist - Part Time
- Lenoir City, TN, USA
At Tennessee Urology Associates, PLLC, our physicians are pleased to deliver the most advanced medical care in the field of urology. We are recognized for our exceptional doctors, specialty expertise, research leadership and advanced treatments.
Our centers host urologic physicians with seven at North Knoxville Medical Center/Park West/Lenoir City, six at Oak Ridge/Harriman/Clinton, and five at Turkey Creek/Park West/South Knoxville, as well as other midlevel providers and assistants throughout our various locations.
Our dedicated medical staff serves patients in Knoxville and surrounding areas providing variety of services ranging from cancer treatment to infertility. Our physicians are board certified and participate in continued education to ensure that we stay ahead of advancing techniques and solutions.
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phones
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting patient detailed patient information including personal and financial information
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- Responds to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner
- Keeps medical office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders, and monitoring office equipment
- Protects patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended
- Prepares medical charts after check-in
- Scan documents upon patient discharge
- Makes outgoing calls including referrals and pre-certs
- Schedules return appointments and outpatient diagnostic tests
- Processes medical records requests
- Processes payments
- Minimum of one year receptionist or office administration experience in a medical office setting
- Position is part-time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8:00-5:00