Medical Office Manager
- Knoxville, TN, USA
At Tennessee Urology Associates, PLLC, our physicians are pleased to deliver the most advanced medical care in the field of urology. We are recognized for our exceptional doctors, specialty expertise, research leadership and advanced treatments.
Our centers host urologic physicians with seven at North Knoxville Medical Center/Park West/Lenoir City, six at Oak Ridge/Harriman/Clinton, and five at Turkey Creek/Park West/South Knoxville, as well as other midlevel providers and assistants throughout our various locations.
Our dedicated medical staff serves patients in Knoxville and surrounding areas providing variety of services ranging from cancer treatment to infertility. Our physicians are board certified and participate in continued education to ensure that we stay ahead of advancing techniques and solutions.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Coordinates the activities of the practice as assigned by the practice physicians and the corporate office.
SUPERVISED BY: Reports directly to the practice CEO and practice physicians.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires extended sitting, some bending, and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and sufficient manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, copy machine, telephone and other office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Evening and weekend work occasionally required. Travel to satellite offices required.
- Supervises all staff members at practice locations
- Participates in interviewing new employees
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary action
- Maintains time off records
- Maintains physician schedules
- Oversees the ordering of drugs and supplies
- Provides back-up relief for employees in the front office
- Provides support for physician in the office, and credentials both payer and hospital as required
- Maintains employee payroll records at the practice level, including review and approval of time cards
- Provides back-up for surgery scheduling, A/R and collections
- Reviews batch reports, identifies missing batches and reconciles daily deposit information
- Makes bank deposits
- Provides coordination between front office, accounts receivable and medical departments
- Maintains all office records
- Reviews patient complaints and performs follow-up
- Reviews and approves expense reports
- Implements and maintains OSHA, TOSHA and CLIA standard and office records
- Participates in education and training of new employees
- Prepares agenda for monthly physicians meeting and provides information for decision making
- Schedules and holds regular staff meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of practice policies and procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management, human resources, computer systems and applications
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, and decision making
- Ability to work effectively with patients, staff and public
- Ability to identify problems and participate in the solutions
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
Education: Associate degree in business related field preferred. 5 years of management experience required. 5 years of healthcare experience required.
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Profit-sharing plan