- Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job Title: Duty Manager - Slough
Responsible to: Store Manager
Job Purpose: Assist the Store Manager to develop and sustain effective management activities that maximise sales & profit targets within the store, provide optimum customer service and ensure compliance of all company and legislative procedures and policies.
This is a varied role, incorporating a range of duties linked to ensuring the successful operational management and running of a successful self-storage location. Supported by an experienced management team, you will learn about effective Customer services, Sales/Marketing, Administration and Operations and elements of Accounts.
Key Features of Role:
- Assist the Store Manager with the development and growth of every aspect of the store; taking full responsibility during the managers absence;
- Assist the Store Manager to take effective control of all costs within reasonable jurisdiction; taking full responsibility during the managers absence;
- Assist with the creation and implementation of effective marketing plans, monitoring and reviewing results at regular intervals;
- Maintain high level of customer service by sustaining a service culture where the customer is the priority and monitoring customer satisfaction levels;
- Maintain effective administration of the store so that company systems, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times;
- Assist the Store Manager to train, develop and sustain staff within the store to ensure standards are maintained to the highest level at all times;
Maintain a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers.
- Working primarily at the appointed store but will be required to work at any other store to meet business needs;
- Working a day shift pattern to cover the opening hours of the store to include some weekend and bank holiday working. Usually forty hours per week but whatever hours are required to ensure the smooth running of the Store;
- Starting salary: £26,450 per annum; increases with experience (4 pay grades for this role)
- 30 days holiday, which includes Bank Holiday’s;
- Great bonus scheme;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period, and subject to eligibility.
- Perkbox - employee 'free perks’ scheme, which includes phone insurance, and discounts on cinema, major supermarkets, and much more.
- Training and development programme;
- Additional benefits after qualifying period, including: a day off and gift for your birthday, Christmas hamper, length of service award and a generous maternity and paternity package.
In order to be considered for this role, you must be a hands-on manager who is able to work flexibly and lead by example in terms of carrying out all branch responsibilities. You will need to be business focused and lead the team in terms of sales and customer services and driving the business towards profitability and success.
Please apply now for immediate consideration & job start!