Film Production Intern (Spring Semester)
Tellwell Story Co. is a down-to-earth creative studio.
At Tellwell, we believe that story is the most powerful way to introduce a brand, educate and engage your audience, and remind them why they love you. We empower causes and brands to share their stories with beautiful, story based films and thoughtful branding, and impactful experiential design.
Tellwell is a full-service video production company sharing the stories of great organizations and the people who make them great.
Are you a creative college student looking to jumpstart your career in film/video production? Do you have a passion for storytelling and creating videos to achieve a client's goals? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Our Film Team is seeking a motivated intern to join us for a Spring Semester internship program starting January 2024 (specific start and end dates are negotiable) for 10-15 hours per week (paid $16/hr) with some flexibility in setting a schedule to work from Tellwell’s office in Fargo, ND. As an intern, you'll work alongside our experienced film production team to gain hands-on experience in all aspects of video production, from pre-production planning to post-production editing.
As a Film Production Intern, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Edit and post-produce film content, including color correction, audio mixing, graphics, and special effects
- Collaborate with the video production team to brainstorm ideas and concepts for upcoming internal projects
- Contribute to a variety of projects across different genres – documentary-style impact films, broadcast commercials, and social media content
- Gain experience and deepen your skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Make significant contributions to film production on various internal Tellwell Projects
- Work cross-functionally with all teams at Tellwell - design, film, brand management, and account management
- Expand your portfolio of work
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong interest in video/film production and be eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are looking for someone who can get an assignment and run with it, working independently to move projects ahead as well as collaboratively with our team.
- Furthering Education - We're looking for a candidate that is furthering their post-secondary education in video production, broadcasting, communication, animation, visual design or a related field
- Editing Tools - A candidate must have some experience working in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Show Us Your Work - Let's see some past work of yours, whether it's passion projects or previous assignments.
- Able to articulate and apply cinematography best practices
- A curious, go-getter who will ask questions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply please provide a resume, short cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Provide links or a way to access 2-3 videos you have created, or played a primary role in creating as a Director, Cinematographer, or Editor. Or a reel that highlighting your work.
Apply by November 5, 2023