Graphic Design Intern (Spring Semester)
Tellwell Story Co. is a down-to-earth creative studio.
At Tellwell, we believe that story is the most powerful way to introduce a brand, educate and engage your audience, and remind them why they love you. We empower causes and brands to share their stories with beautiful, story based films and thoughtful branding, and impactful experiential design.
Tellwell is a full-service brand design and creative studio creating logos, brand systems, and brand voices creating the framework for brands to share their stories.
Are you a creative college student looking to jumpstart your career in graphic design? Do you have a passion for branding and design? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Our Design Team is seeking a motivated intern to join us for a Spring Semester internship program starting January 2024 (specific start and end dates are negotiable) for 10-15 hours per week (paid $16/hr) with some flexibility in setting a schedule to work from Tellwell’s office in Fargo, ND. As an intern, you'll work alongside our experienced design team to gain hands-on experience in all aspects of the design process, from concept development to handing over final deliverables.
As a Graphic Design Intern, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Assist in creating visually appealing designs for digital and print, including logo/brand identity development, campaign design, website design and more.
- Collaborate with our Design Team to develop ideas and concepts for upcoming projects.
- Contribute to design projects across different industries
- Contribute to design work on internal Tellwell Projects
- Gain experience working with industry-standard software in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma to create and refine designs.
- Have face-to-face contact with Tellwell clients and sharpen your presentation skills.
- Work cross-functionally with all teams at Tellwell - design, film, brand management, and account management.
- Apply brand and design standards to a variety of collateral
- Get real-time feedback on your work from our team of designers
- Expand your portfolio of work
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong interest in graphic design and be eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment among a team of designers. We are looking for someone who can get an assignment and run with it, working independently to move projects ahead as well as collaboratively with our team.
- Furthering Education - We're looking for a candidate that is furthering their post-secondary education in the fields of graphic design, visual design, or graphic communication.
- Design Tools - A candidate must be proficient in working with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically in Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design.
- Show Us Your Work - Let's see some past work of yours, whether it's passion projects or previous assignments that are in your portfolio.
- Familiarity with Figma as a design tool
- Experience applying brand standards to create collateral
- Able to articulate and apply design best practices
- A curious, go-getter who will ask questions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply please provide a resume, short cover letter, link to or PDF portfolio containing at least 2-3 related projects, and contact information for three professional references.
Apply by November 3, 2023