- 1213 Northern Pacific Ave, Fargo, ND 58102, USA
Tellwell is a storytelling and content creation marketing firm that creates emotional connections with audiences by sharing authentic stories of great organizations. We believe that story is the most powerful way to introduce an organization’s brand, educate and engage their audiences, and remind those audiences why they love the brand. Our ultimate goal is to help organizations tell their stories through engaging video, actionable writing, beautiful design, and fantastic web experiences that drive action while also building one of the best companies to work for in the Midwest!
We’re a small team with fun clients, big vision, and aspirations to stay small and hit above our weight class.
We’re looking for a video producer and editor (with motion graphics experience) — someone with an eye for shots, a knack for pulling stories from interviews, and the skills to create and tell authentic stories.
You deliver beautiful footage and films, and love to nerd out about new ideas and equipment. You’re passionate about spreading the story and helping mission-driven organizations navigate new landscapes. You know that when your Tribe wins, you win. As a member of the video team with Team Tellwell, you help lead the charge for creating compelling visual content, will work with clients who have strong values and missions.
As a video producer, you will continue honing your craft in filmmaking and refine your storytelling abilities. You also have a strong affinity with the Tellwell brand and company culture, and believe in Tellwell's goals and future growth. It is your responsibility to help cultivate that enthusiasm in your creative team.
$40-48k/Year + Benefits, Profit Share, and Bonuses
Client Partnership & Day-to-Day Communication
Stellar client service is an art. When your clients ask questions, you give them true answers — Tellwell doesn’t make things up to cover things up. You communicate with them in their own organization’s language — you become a part of their organization just as much as they’re a part of ours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Participating in creative ideation sessions
Helping discover and build storylines
Lead pre-production phases (storyboards, shot-lists, etc)
Participate in video shoots (shooting interviews, B-roll, recording audio, etc.)
Editing video projects
Add to storylines by incorporating motion graphics
Audio mixing and color correction
Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro
Heavy experience with Adobe After Effects
Eye and ability to execute a design for animation projects
Experience editing strong story focus films
Strong organization and workflow
Ability to work with team members and outside partners
Capturing and editing films from start to finish
Writing and Copywriting experience is a huge bonus
Knowledge of lighting basics with the ability to work on the fly. 70% of our productions are done on the fly, which means we have an idea of the environment, but it’s not planning out every individual light fixture. Working with our environment and changing on the fly is a key part of the role.
Works well with an integrated team - for a single video, you’ll probably work with a Account Manager, Writer, Creative Strategist, Creative Director, and Designer.
Podcast editing and creation
Experience with DJI Ronin family (we use Ronin S to keep us stable)
Experience in the Sony family
Experience with Asana, Everhour, Google Apps
Personal Traits - the most successful employees at Tellwell exhibit the following traits:
- A team player through and through; egos get checked at the door (this one’s non-negotiable)
- A fearless and wild imagination coupled with obsessive attention to detail
- Enjoy (and skilled at) presenting to clients in a way that makes them understand and ultimately smarter
- Be sincere about giving and receiving meaningful constructive feedback
- Confident and effective communication and presentation skills with both team members and clients of various levels
What you really came here for, the perks. At Tellwell we offer:
- Competitive compensation, profit sharing, health insurance through BCBS-ND, Simple IRA through our friends at Thrivent
- Flexible vacationing, meaning no limiting “vacation policy” (and yes, people actually take a vacation here) and RE:Weeks.
- A casual-dress, and a results-only work environment
- A professional development budget you can use to go to conferences, take classes, buy books, etc.
- Summer Fridays. To celebrate the few months of beautiful sunshine we have in Fargo, we practice summer hours where we shut down the office after lunch on Fridays so you can get your tan on early
- A constantly collaborative environment
- Office music, puzzles, group events, team sports, and a great sense of camaraderie help keep everyone sane and foster their creativity & productivity
- The opportunity to shape the company – we need your expertise
- We love pets at Tellwell, so we’ll reimburse up to $200 for pet adoption and supplies for a new furry family member.
- A small, but fun benefit at Tellwell. We’ll cover your Uber rides. Have too much fun at happy hour? No worries about how to get home. Grab an Uber and we’ll take care of the cost
Want to learn more about Tellwell?