Community Outreach and Recruitment Specialist
- Americus, GA, USA
- Schedule: Seasonal Full Time Hourly
- Pay Grade with starting rate: R15 (starting hourly rate $16.50)
- Department: Workforce Career Services
- State: Georgia
- Location_ID: GA04
Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55 years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon provides programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and Family Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing & Financial Empowerment.
Conducts outreach and recruits eligible customers to participate in workforce and career programs. Serves as the first point of contact for connection to the agency. Identifies and determines eligibility for potential customers based on program requirements. Acts as a link between clients, community partners, and the Agency to increase access to, utilization of, and retention of program services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruits and determines eligibility for program participation for potential customers in the community.
2. Provides information and education to community entities about available Agency programs and other resources. This can be done in person, by telephone or in a group presentation format.
3. Develop relationships by promoting programs with entities, community-based organizations, and employers.
4. Conducts assessments and identifies qualified participants to complete the registration and enrollment process.
5. Coordinate services for customers and assist customers with scheduling appointments and completing paperwork.
6. Assist in development and implementation of training including Health and Safety and Pesticide training for farm workers.
7. Plans and participates in outreach activities. Attends assigned outreach events based on state-wide recruitment strategies.
8. Partners with other resource agencies and provide customer referrals based on needs. Assists with offering resources to ineligible customers.
9. Maintains and tracks data in relation to outreach events, referrals, enrollments, partnerships, training, etc.
10. Participates in staff meetings, committees, and training sessions.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma (or G.E.D.) is required.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a role that required related skills such as excellent communication skills.
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to independently navigate on-line client management systems.
• Bilingual ability is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to present information to small or large groups in a clear and concise manner.
• Organization, attention to detail, and time management in maintaining records and documenting services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Work is performed mostly in the community, in a variety of settings.
• Driving/sitting for prolong periods of time.
• Standing and walking for prolong periods of time.
• Sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to30 lbs.), carrying, pushing, and climbing.
• Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to dust and dirt.
• Subject to extended periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen.
• Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
• Conduct outreach and home visits to customer residences, exposure to potentially unsafe environments, climb stairs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.