Head of Engineering - Professional Services, Technical Leadership
- Austin, Texas, Austin, TX, United States
Founded in 1999, Technology Navigators is an Austin born and based high-tech recruiting and staffing firm that has experienced and professional recruiters who know the people you need to know to grow! We place high value on our relationships so candidates can feel confident that our staff of professionals will keep in close contact with you throughout your search and beyond. Technology Navigators values our candidates’ unique talents, skills and experiences and strive to showcase their best qualities to our clients.
No sponsorship available. No third-party candidates.
Our client, a major player in the cutting-edge artificial intelligence industry, brings other companies’ AI strategies up to speed. Engineering creative custom solutions and innovative approaches, this company has delivered a competitive advantage to both startups and enterprise environments alike.
As this client ramps up its presence in the Austin market, there’s a growing need for an experienced Head of Engineering to bring strong leadership skills to this technical team.
What you get to do:
- Deliver technical leadership to the software engineering and machine learning teams
- Play a key role in scaling the internal engineering teams
- Incorporate engineering and architectural best practices while efficiently troubleshooting code
- Ensure a deep understanding of the business requirements so as to create a system architecture that exceeds client expectations
- Research and recommend cutting-edge tools and technologies to continuously advance the software development lifecycle
- Take responsibility for removing technical roadblocks while maintaining a positive rapport with stakeholders
What you need to succeed:
- 4+ years of software engineering management/leadership experience
- Extensive track record of success in a hands-on software engineering role before moving into management/leadership
- Previous experience working within a professional services environment
- Proven ability to effectively scale technical teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Previous AI / ML experience is not required but is a plus!
What’s in it for you:
This company sure knows how to spoil their valued employees! With awesome perks and benefits like a substantial transportation allowance and an open PTO policy, they remind employees they’re not just another number here – their time and skill sets are highly treasured. Aside from a great work/life balance, you’ll also enjoy 100% company-paid medical coverage, a sweet compensation package that includes bonuses and stock, and paid parental leave!
Interested to learn more? Apply online today to get your name in the running for this new opportunity in Austin, Texas!